British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   No job offer and case officer allocated? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/no-job-offer-case-officer-allocated-530920/)

zummerzet_lou Apr 21st 2008 8:02 am

No job offer and case officer allocated?

Well, we know we were allocated a case officer approx 22nd Feb. We have had NO contact what-so-ever, apart from confirmation email when I asked if we had one.

As we have no job offer, it says on their website, 3 months to make a final decision from having a case officer .. so I reckon we have 1 more months wait?

Has anyone else been in this situation? When did you hear anything? and how (email, phone, letter)?

I know, I should be used to waiting .. 9 months since our initial application!!

Lou

alanmacc Apr 21st 2008 8:02 pm

Re: No job offer and case officer allocated?

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou (Post 6241201)
Well, we know we were allocated a case officer approx 22nd Feb. We have had NO contact what-so-ever, apart from confirmation email when I asked if we had one.

As we have no job offer, it says on their website, 3 months to make a final decision from having a case officer .. so I reckon we have 1 more months wait?

Has anyone else been in this situation? When did you hear anything? and how (email, phone, letter)?

Lou

Hi Lou

I know its a pain waiting on them, we just kept mailing them to keep them on their toes........ but i can sympathise with the waiting its soooooo frustrating as its out of your hands and you have little or no contact with them...... just drop them a mail to remind them

Alan

EmandKen Apr 22nd 2008 12:16 pm

Hi Lou
Just to say we are in the same boat. Emailed them on 14 Feb and were told we had a case officer and have heard nothing since. We don't have a job offer either as we have the house on the market. It'll be a year since we submitted our EOI on 1st May! Fingers crossed we hear soon. I hear from other forum members that it's a long slow process and boy, don't we know it!
Emma

zummerzet_lou Apr 22nd 2008 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by EmandKen (Post 6247714)
Hi Lou
Just to say we are in the same boat. Emailed them on 14 Feb and were told we had a case officer and have heard nothing since. We don't have a job offer either as we have the house on the market. It'll be a year since we submitted our EOI on 1st May! Fingers crossed we hear soon. I hear from other forum members that it's a long slow process and boy, don't we know it!
Emma

Were you just told that you have a case officer, or have you been given their details?

We have no idea who's ours is, and had I not emailed immigration, we still wouldn't know that we'd had one allocated!

EmandKen Apr 22nd 2008 2:55 pm

Just told we have one, no details given. Same as you, we wouldn't even know that if we hadn't sent an email.

EmandKen Apr 22nd 2008 9:10 pm

Hi again Lou
Just to say we heard today by email that we have an interview with Immigration this week! It's a phone interview with OH (the principal applicant) and is called a settlement interview. So things are starting to move and I'm sure yours will too.
Good luck.

zummerzet_lou Apr 23rd 2008 11:40 am

Originally Posted by EmandKen (Post 6250333)
Hi again Lou
Just to say we heard today by email that we have an interview with Immigration this week! It's a phone interview with OH (the principal applicant) and is called a settlement interview. So things are starting to move and I'm sure yours will too.
Good luck.

Ooohhh ... best of luck,

be sure to let us know what they asked etc. Have got my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Lou

EmandKen Apr 24th 2008 5:43 pm

Well, husband survived the phone interview with NZIS and said the lady interviewing was very pleasant. She asked

why we want to go to NZ
how we've been reaerching the move
what we'll do if we don't get jobs
what hurdles we see in getting employment in NZ
what we know about accommodation
whether we have friends and family over there

He thinks that was more or less it. The interview lasted 20 mins and she asked him if he had any questions at the end. She'll let us know in approx 1 week what the outcome is - everything is crossed! :ohmy:

planty Apr 28th 2008 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou (Post 6241201)

Lou

It's all a long time ago now, but I remember waiting for a couple of months without hearing from our case officer; we got a bit concerned and emailed them. Turned out that they'd got our email address wrong and had been trying to get hold of us!!! It might be worth getting in touch with them, just to let them know that you are still there!
Good luck!

Maz Apr 29th 2008 10:07 am

Hi EmAndKen. :) We just got PR through Wellington NZIS offices and when I called in Feb, they told me it could be 3-6 months before I even got a case officer, then 6-9 months after that - assuming all was OK with the application - before we were granted PR! (this was with a job offer and already working here) So hang on in there... :)