Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

No fingernails left... when will we get THE decision?!

No fingernails left... when will we get THE decision?!

Old Feb 8th 2010, 5:09 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No fingernails left... when will we get THE decision?!

So had telephone interview last week but still no news as of yet

We know we wont get PR as no job offers and hubby is a spark - they wont give it to us as he needs to have a provisional licence to practice in NZ and cant get one until he gets a NZ employer.

CO said the interview went very well, its very unlikely we'd be declined and that we will probably get WTR.

She was going to try and get us a decision by last Fri but still no news and we are wearing our shoes out pacing the floor!

I checked email approx 20 times today and can't take much more!

How long have others had to wait after telephone interview?
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No fingernails left... when will we get THE decision?!

you hear something soon
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

:curse::curse::curse: I'm on tenterhooks too FP. Hope they pull their finger out soon. I keep checking my email regularly to see if my friend has replied but nothing yet, hope he's not on holiday.

that you get a positive answer in the morning.

Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ooo. You seem to have Immigration Finger Syndrome.

you hear today.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 8th 2010 at 7:53 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:47 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

really really for you.

It must be completely nerve racking.

I'm just panicking over whether our case officer receives our additional documents, god knows how I'll be in your situation.

However, our case officer did say that after the interview it would take one to two weeks or more for a decision to be made, so hang in there.

Not that it really needs to be said, but let us know as soon as you hear anything.

Last edited by shelloid; Feb 8th 2010 at 7:48 pm. Reason: terrible spelling - can't even spell 'as' properly!
Old Feb 8th 2010, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Flower Pot
So had telephone interview last week but still no news as of yet

We know we wont get PR as no job offers and hubby is a spark - they wont give it to us as he needs to have a provisional licence to practice in NZ and cant get one until he gets a NZ employer.

CO said the interview went very well, its very unlikely we'd be declined and that we will probably get WTR.

She was going to try and get us a decision by last Fri but still no news and we are wearing our shoes out pacing the floor!

I checked email approx 20 times today and can't take much more!

How long have others had to wait after telephone interview?
good luck.
we had our phone interview today. told we will hear by end of this week. however the CO gave nothing away!
Old Feb 9th 2010, 11:37 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

For all of you waiting to hear

Dewb
Old Feb 9th 2010, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dewb09

For all of you waiting to hear

Dewb
I am in shock!

Had phone interview on Mon 8th Feb, and just checked on line and status is APROVED!!!!!

Must have gone better than I thought..

Thanks to eveyone for all the tips and sharing of worries!!
:-)
Old Feb 9th 2010, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

I assume everyone gets a telephone interview if no job offer?
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:31 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisjb
I am in shock!

Had phone interview on Mon 8th Feb, and just checked on line and status is APROVED!!!!!

Fantastic news, congratulations bet you cant stop smiling

Dewb
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of

This is some good news Chris. Congratulations!

Although I keep hoping I have been disappointed today when I called to London to see how my application is proceeding. The officer said waiting period without job offer is 6 months. It is odd as my application was lodged at the same time as yours (with 135 points). Now I have a strange feeling to be on the run for a moving target

Do you think they rank European countries differently? Because this may be the only logical explanation. Or the chick there didn't have a clue what she was talking about.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ibex
This is some good news Chris. Congratulations!

Although I keep hoping I have been disappointed today when I called to London to see how my application is proceeding. The officer said waiting period without job offer is 6 months. It is odd as my application was lodged at the same time as yours (with 135 points). Now I have a strange feeling to be on the run for a moving target

Do you think they rank European countries differently? Because this may be the only logical explanation. Or the chick there didn't have a clue what she was talking about.
Not sure if they rank countries, not aware of this?

I am sure you will hear soon, it is only 4 months since the application was lodged, and there was Christmas /New Year holidays in there.

From my experience it certainly moves quickly once they to your application in their big pile .

It maybe that they get assigned to different case officers and some are busier than others?

Good Luck anyway.
Where are you applying from?
Old Feb 9th 2010, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

I am in shock!

FANTASTIC !
i have been approved , too ! when are you flying out?
Old Feb 9th 2010, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mudblood21
FANTASTIC !
i have been approved , too ! when are you flying out?
Congratulations, great news.

Looking at moving out in june when my current contract runs out in UK. Wife may join me a month or 2 afterwards, depending on her job.
Hope to get some interviews lined up for when I arrive, and if the right job comes along may go out sooner, for interview.

How about you ? do you have lots to organise still.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of

Good Luck anyway.
Where are you applying from?
Slovenia. Well mysterious are the ways of NZIS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.