British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NNEB (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nneb-518886/)

kim o Mar 3rd 2008 7:11 pm

NNEB

I I am a qualified NNEB with many years childcare experience managing nurseries, working with special needs and new born. I am also an NVQ assessor in childcare. What do you think my chance are of comeing to NZ for a year and what is the situation like for work in childcare.
thanks Kim:)

happynz Mar 3rd 2008 9:50 pm

Re: NNEB

If you are only coming here for a year and you are between 18 and 30 years of age you may want to investigate getting the Working Holiday Visa. If that isn't suitable you can come here and get a six month visitor permit on arrival (assuming you are British) and you can sort out a job and apply for a one year temporary work permit.

See my post about getting a temporary work permit at http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506207

Good luck.

kim o Mar 4th 2008 5:16 am

I am over 30 so what options do I have? I was hoping that if when I came to NZ I may also be able to do a work to residency. Does any one think that I have any chance of coming with my NNEB(same as level 3 cache child care) and my child care experience.
Also my 16 year old son would be looking for part time work whilst waiting to study will there be any opportunities for him?
thanks for all your help
Kim

happynz Mar 4th 2008 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by kim o (Post 6013863)
I am over 30 so what options do I have? I was hoping that if when I came to NZ I may also be able to do a work to residency.

Well, thanks for clarifying that. In your first post you stated you only wanted to do a year here in New Zealand. Now you are enquiring about eventual residency? That's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.
Have you done the quick check point calculator to see if you have a reasonable chance at getting residency?

Does any one think that I have any chance of coming with my NNEB(same as level 3 cache child care) and my child care experience.

I read somewhere, damned if I can remember where, that a person with your qualifications had their NNEB assessed by NZQA and it came out a level five (which ain't bad).

Also my 16 year old son would be looking for part time work whilst waiting to study will there be any opportunities for him?

I'm not sure how it would work for secondary students on student permits seeking work. Sorry.

thanks for all your help
Kim

Sorry that I haven't been much help, but I wish you the best of luck.

kim o Mar 5th 2008 5:49 am

You have been a great help. Yes I did say a year at first but the more I speak to people and the more I read about NZ etc its seems a great place to live and work. I do intend to come firstly for a year but it would be good to keep my options open if I did like it and want to stay, sorry if I misled you.
In the meanteme thank you so much for the advise you have given its all a help
Kim

emmiegiggles Mar 16th 2008 3:28 am

[QUOTE=happynz;6016936]
I read somewhere, damned if I can remember where, that a person with your qualifications had their NNEB assessed by NZQA and it came out a level five (which ain't bad).
QUOTE]

If you come out at a level 5 and seek a job what would the job title be for?

helinuk Mar 21st 2008 9:42 am

I have the NNEB and live in NZ, but so far most the jobs I've seen advertised ask for an 'early childhood years' degree.

Before I came out here I contacted CACHE and they wrote a letter stating that because I am up to date with all the courses, ie child protection '89, special needs and foundation stage, my NNEB is equivelent to the Dip in childcare, level 3. I also had a spare NNEB certificate sent in case I needed to go through NZQA and the course syllabus to show NZQA if needed.

emmiegiggles Mar 23rd 2008 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by helinuk (Post 6092460)
I have the NNEB and live in NZ, but so far most the jobs I've seen advertised ask for an 'early childhood years' degree.

Before I came out here I contacted CACHE and they wrote a letter stating that because I am up to date with all the courses, ie child protection '89, special needs and foundation stage, my NNEB is equivelent to the Dip in childcare, level 3. I also had a spare NNEB certificate sent in case I needed to go through NZQA and the course syllabus to show NZQA if needed.

Thanks for the reply it was really kind to take the time to do so.
i am going to an exhibition in a couple of weeks with my son and husband to find out more about my qualification. i also have CP training, first aid and currently working with SEN children in year 3 (7 and 8 year olds).

Are you still working in education over there?

helinuk Mar 24th 2008 12:18 am

Originally Posted by emmiegiggles (Post 6101505)
Thanks for the reply it was really kind to take the time to do so.
i am going to an exhibition in a couple of weeks with my son and husband to find out more about my qualification. i also have CP training, first aid and currently working with SEN children in year 3 (7 and 8 year olds).

Are you still working in education over there?

Hi
no I'm not working at the moment.
I have only seen adverts for kindergartens teachers with degrees. When I went to an emigration exhibition in London they weren't interested in NNEB. There are several companies who run childcare facilities here, i.e ABC, Kiddicorp and Montessori they all require degree or dip in childcare. If you look at the www.seek.co.nz or www.newzealandherald.co.nz you'll see the type of jobs listed and perhaps email them.
good luck.