British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Nightmare immigration forms !! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nightmare-immigration-forms-543576/)

stevieb1007 Jun 17th 2008 9:56 pm

Nightmare immigration forms !!

Have been formally offered a job in NZ and just looking into visa's ,,,,minefield or what !!!.........we were thinking of doing all forms etc ourselves but not so sure now ...I have found a firm that will do all this for us ...is this the way to go ???....HELP !!.....:confused::confused:

TeamEmbo Jun 17th 2008 10:19 pm

Re: Nightmare immigration forms !!

Have you looked at the points calculator on the NZ Immigration site? Do you have enough points with the job offer to put in an EOI? EOI = expression of interest. If you have enough points (think it's over 100 minimum) you can put in your EOI online and pay with fees with credit card. You then wait to see if you get picked from the pool. Those with the highest points and job offers get picked first, then so many with the next highest points etc. can't remember if its weekly or fortnightly draw. They'll let you know if you've been picked, then you wait for the ITA pack (invitation to apply). You fill that out and submit along with your evidence to support what you've claimed in your EOI so letters from employers, proof of relationship, qualifications etc, and your police checks and medicals and pay another fee. If successful you get PR (permanent residency). You can ask question on the NZ immigration site via their email service.
Or you could apply for a WTR (work to residency) visa which will be valid for up to 30months.
Personally, if you're planning on coming over indefinitely and buying a house and settling, I would apply for PR if you can straight off.
We came over on WTR visas last year but also put in for PR and were granted that within a few months of arriving.
If you would prefer to use an emigration consultant I can PM you details of the one we used if you'd like?
It really is quite straight forward though if you have enough points and a job offer already.

BEVS Jun 17th 2008 10:42 pm

The paperwork isn't a minefield & we are all here to help. It is quite straightforward & which forms will depend on your occupation, your pay, your qualifications & your job offer.

Looking at your previous posts you may have been offered a job as a tanker driver with Linfox . I'm a bit surprised that Linfox haven't offered to help as they are an accredited employer.

If you have managed to get Linfox to pay you $50K per annum for a 40 hour week, then you can apply for a Work to Residence Visa. You will need to be quick getting this in as the salary required for a WTR visa increases to $55K at the end of July.

If you have been offered less than $55K per week for a 40 hour week, then you will apply for a 3 year temporary work visa.

With either of the above your wife would also fill in a work visa form on the back of your application as 'family'.

School children will need student visas.

It is the same form whether you apply for WTR or a temp work visa

Click HERE for the form. Download and print two. One for you and one for your wife.

Here is a link to The Guide but as I stated, we are here to help too.

Student Visa Forms <----- click there.

howden40 Jun 18th 2008 1:35 am

The forms aren't so bad when you get started, just looks a lot initially specific so you know exactly what to do.

Tony had job offer when we put in our EOI, due to points all four of us got Residents Visa's, the boys were 18 & 23.

The vast majority of us would say don't waste your money DIY is the route.

You will find plenty of people willing to assist with any questions, someone usually knows the answer even the most obscure of questions appear to receive a answer.

Welcome, happy form filling, enjoy life

Pauline

teebrown Jun 18th 2008 8:30 am

You cab actually do a 'test' run on filling out the EOI and it will tell you the amount of points automatically on-line, you don't have to submit it at this stage you can just save it on-line, i think this is a good indication of what paperwork they are looking for if you get accepted. I am doing all the paperwork myself and when we got pulled from the pool, the ITA paperwork had an idiots guide attached.

Don't be frightened by it, just take one step at a time and ask loads of questions on here - it's a lifeline.

Good luck