Nightmare continues!!!!

Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

welshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nice
Default Nightmare continues!!!!

Well Guys

After giving them my new bloods they have come back saying i have to have MORE test!!has anybody had anything to do with HbAlc and Microalbumin:Creatin ratio tests??Received this today and they want the results by the 15th dec in chch so have not got a lot of time plus my permit runs out end of jan!!
Cheers Guys any info be great
Old Dec 4th 2009, 6:10 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nightmare continues!!!!

Are you diabetic or does diabetes run in your family?

The following extracts explain the tests and what they are used for:

The random microalbumin test or microalbumin/creatinine ratio is frequently ordered as a screening test on patients with chronic conditions, such as diabetes and hypertension, that put them at an increased risk of developing kidney failure. Studies have shown that identifying the very early stages of kidney disease (microalbuminuria) helps patients and doctors adjust treatment. With better control of diabetes and hypertension by maintaining tight glycemic control and reducing blood pressure, the progression of diabetic kidney disease can be slowed or prevented.

In addition to random fasting blood glucose levels, HbA1c levels are routinely measured in the monitoring of people with diabetes. HbA1c levels depend on the blood glucose concentration. That is, the higher the glucose concentration in blood, the higher the level of HbA1c. Levels of HbA1c are not influenced by daily fluctuations in the blood glucose concentration but reflect the average glucose levels over the prior six to eight weeks. Therefore, HbA1c is a useful indicator of how well the blood glucose level has been controlled in the recent past (over two to three months) and may be used to monitor the effects of diet, exercise, and drug therapy on blood glucose in people with diabetes.

In healthy people the HbA1c level is less than 6% of total hemoglobin. Studies have demonstrated that the complications of diabetes can be delayed or prevented if the HbA1c level can be kept below 7%. It is recommended that treatment of diabetes be directed at keeping an indivudual's HbA1c level as close to normal as possible (<6%) without episodes of hypoglycemia (low blood glucose levels).
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

welshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nicewelshlad77 is just really nice

Hey thanks for that,there is no one in my family with any diabetes,so i find it strange thing to be re tested
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:13 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by welshlad77
Hey thanks for that,there is no one in my family with any diabetes,so i find it strange thing to be re tested
It's not about them. It's about you.

Do you feel or has it been suggested you have medical probs?

Diabetes.
Blood pressure.

Perhaps a re-visit to your GP is in order.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

nah my cholesterol was a bit higher than the normal limit apart from that bmi was 29 and everything else was fine
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

but something wasn't in their view

After giving them my new bloods they have come back saying i have to have MORE test!!has anybody had anything to do with HbAlc and Microalbumin:Creatin ratio tests?
Perhaps make an appointment with your GP to ask further. They are better placed than we are to be honest.

Please do let us know though.