Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Next step after ITA, a pharmacist confusion

Next step after ITA, a pharmacist confusion

Old Aug 28th 2013, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Sheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really nice
Default Next step after ITA, a pharmacist confusion

Hello guys,

I have received the ITA on 16th of August and there is a checklist attached that should be fulfilled.

One of the requirements is Qualifications, in which they mentioned :

Qualifications The originals or certified copies of your qualifications must be supplied. Please also include your course transcript. If you have claimed points for a postgraduate qualification you must provide an original or a certified copy of the undergraduate qualification. If you have claimed points for a trade qualification please provide all relevant certificates along with evidence of your completed apprenticeship that has been registered with a recognised industry body (see the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment for details). If you do not have these items you will need to have your qualification assessed by the NZQA prior to lodging your application. (Refer to ANZSCO for occupation requirements at www.immigration.govt.nz/anzsco)

I am really confused about this part, i am a pharmacist and have a letter form pharmacy council of New Zealand stating that i am currently in step 3 of the full registration process and only step 4 is pending.

My main concern is that, in this scenario should i send them my graduation certificate + course transcript (as they cited in the checklist above) or should i start the IQA from NZQA which takes long time.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences officers .

BR

Sheckooo
Old Aug 28th 2013, 9:06 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next step after ITA, a pharmacist confusion

you need to send them the qualification certificate which you are claiming the points for, if that is not in the recognised lists of acceptable qualifications then I think you need to get the qualification assessed
Old Aug 28th 2013, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really niceSheckooo is just really nice

Hi Mrsfychan,

Thank you for prompt reply, as you know it may take more than a month to get this certificate from NZQA. I mentioned in the EOI that my qualification is accepted by the pharmacy council of New Zealand, and I have passed a knowledge assessment exam as well.

That's why I assumed that they will be satisfied by the letter of the pharmacy council along with the original certificate and the course transcript.

But in this scenario, do u think I can send them these documents and send the NZQA letter later to save time?

Thank you

Sheckooo
Old Aug 28th 2013, 10:10 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

sorry I don't personally know what is acceptable to them. Just send in what you have available to you now, you have a limited time to submit the ITA back and if they still then want further information then you will have to provide it.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

I like that ,,,,it more feasible ,,,i will send the documents i have now..thank you....cheers
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 8:02 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the ITA

My thoughts would be to contact NZIS directly and see if you can get hold of someone who can help. Also try your registration body as well.
You may still have to get an IQA but it's worth a try.

I dont know how it works for pharmacy, but for me, I had to show NZ registration which I had. Now, it is impossible to get registration without a degree that has been assessed as acceptable by the body or to have undergone extensive exams set by my reg.body. If this is the same in pharmacy then your degree has been 'assessed' or you couldn't have registered to start with...

This is from the Operational Manual:
SM14.5 Recognition of qualifications
See previous instructions SM14.5 Effective 29/11/2010
Subject to SM14.10.5 and SM14.10.10, a recognised qualification is a qualification that an immigration officer is satisfied occupies a level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF) which qualifies it for points by reference to:
a. the level that the qualification(s) occupies on the NZQF as assessed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA); or
b. the level that the qualification(s) occupies on the NZQF as set out in the List of Qualifications Recognised as an Exception (see Appendix 8); or
c. the level that the qualification(s) occupies on the NZQF as set out in the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment (see Appendix 3); or
d. the level that the qualification(s) occupies on the NZQF having regard to the full or provisional registration of the principal applicant by a New Zealand organisation authorised by law to give occupational registration, if that registration involves an assessment that the principal applicant's overseas qualification(s) is comparable with a New Zealand qualification that is included in the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment.
The reason I suggested speaking to your registration body is that they may be able to help. This may be a situation they've been in before. When NZIS were disputing my registration, I contacted my body, the registrar sighed, said 'not again' and sent a strongly worded email to NZIS. That did the trick!
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Persephone,

Thank you so much. I spoke to my registration body and they have sent a letter to support my application however they didn't answer my doubts.but then again I have talked to a very helpful member and pharmacist in this forum and he advised me that he didn't undergo any NZQA assessments due to the partly registration we have from New Zealand pharmacy council.

I have coollected all the necessary documents but still my registration letter and offer if employment are pending.

The thing is they asked me in the checklist to provide the registration letter, and qualification (original degree and academic record),,,,but again are they going to challenge the qualification or accept it smoothly.

Finally, do you know how long it takes to issue this kind of visa.?

Thank you so much .

Sheckooo
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 9:12 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

If they decide to challenge it, they could. They can still ask for an IQA.
Does the pharmacist you've contacted hold a degree that is NOT on the list of recognised qualifications as that could give you an idea of whether they are likely to accept your degree as it stands?

It sounds like pharmacist registration is similar to mine in that the mere fact of being registered means that you must have an acceptable qualification and standard of knowledge. In other words the registration body does the assessment rather than the NZQA.
Maybe try and contact NZIS though they may just tell you to send in what is asked for...

I wish I could give you a definite answer

As for times, this is for the London branch:
Skilled Migrant application (with job offer)

We expect to decide your application within one to three months from the date the application is submitted.
P
Old Sep 4th 2013, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Yea, actually the pharmacist I refer too has a qualification exactly similar to mine from the same country too.

I will give it a try anyway as he did and see how they gonna respond to me.

Million thanks

sheckooo
Old Sep 4th 2013, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Yea, actually the pharmacist I refer too has a qualification exactly similar to mine from the same country too.

I will give it a try anyway as he did and see how they gonna respond to me.

Million thanks

sheckooo
Old Sep 4th 2013, 5:09 pm
Queen of the Underworld

That sounds promising!

You will still need to send in either your degree cert or a certified copy of it and your registration letter. If they have any problems with these then they usually contact you to ask for more info [as mine did when they decided not to accept my registration letter]

The operational manual I quoted above suggests that registration is acceptable in lieu of an IQA if the reg.body assesses qualifications.

All the best Sheckoooooo
Old Sep 6th 2013, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi Again,

Thank u for the nice wishes.

I have another doubt about the National security form ,,what the purpose and is it assessed by the migration officer or another party?

Million thanks

Sheckooo
Old Sep 6th 2013, 2:37 pm
Queen of the Underworld

I can't find a lot about that form on the NZIS website and remember someone else asking about it recently. I presume it's only for certain nationalities. I can find the form but nothing about who or why it needs filling in. Is it in lieu of a Police certificate given that it may be impossible to get a police cert from some countries?

Sorry I can't help
Old Sep 6th 2013, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

No, still police certificates are required ,,,they send me this national security for to complete and to provide police clearance too....

Thankx