In the Newspaper............

Old Jul 10th 2009, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of
Default In the Newspaper............

Someone kindly saved us a piece from the newspaper reporting how so many brits are having to move back home. Its saying that after working for two years they are going for pr and being refused even if they have a job or job offer. Does this mean they were out there on a working visa as I think the way we are applying you get granted pr before you go? It is also stating that employers are being forced to employ people from nz and not us brits. (I totally agree that its jobs for kiwis first - I think our country should be more like that)

Suppose I'm just wondering if the situation is as bad when you there living in nz as it sounds in the paper or if they are reporting on a minority. I'm also a bit confused as to how it will affect poeple in the process of trying to get out there.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:07 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the Newspaper............

Hey
The one familly that go refused was here on a work visa and got refused pr yeah
Now a work visa is a temporary option and should not be seen any different.
There has been many thread about this story this week, do a search
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:08 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

BEVS? Am I right?
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

OK thanks i'll have a look about.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 11:35 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

EErrgg. Raarrrgg. Nothing is ever this straightforward.

Originally Posted by Lee Lee
Someone kindly saved us a piece from the newspaper reporting how so many brits are having to move back home.
Multi quote does some folks head in , but how else do you answer all this.

There have always been reports about Brits moving onto Oz or returning to the UK. This is not knew. It is not more so now, from what I have personally read. Please feel free to correct me.

I do think it is a misnomer to state that Brits are HAVING to move home. It is a huge undertaking to move back to the UK. It costs a mammoth amount of money from NZ to the UK. If one is returning back then the reasons will be for many large and differing reasons.

Its saying that after working for two years they are going for pr and being refused even if they have a job or job offer.
No. This is not correct.

Who are you referring to.?

You can come into the country on a WTR. You can convert to a PR earlier if you have the points. If not, then you wait the two years.
A WTR for an accredited employer is 55K for a 40 hr week.
A WTR for a SMC is two years work unless you apply for PR earlier..

Either can be converted if you have the points under SMC.

SMC is about points.

Also, an occupation need to be something that NZ wants and needs.

I Does this mean they were out there on a working visa as I think the way we are applying you get granted pr before you go?
Yes. If it is a family that have been recently reported, they came out on a temp work visa. They did not then apply for PR which may not have been wise as now that occupation is no longer on the needed lists. Their choice.

If you get PR before you arrive , then you can work at anything or nothing at all.

I It is also stating that employers are being forced to employ people from nz and not us brits. (I totally agree that its jobs for kiwis first - I think our country should be more like that)
Oh.....rubbish. Does my head in does this.

It has always been the policy that if there is no NZ resident or Citizen for a job then anyone has fair chop at getting that job. That is what the shortage lists are all about. For that matter that is what the accredited employer lists are about. It isn't possible to be biased in the way that is suggested.

I
Suppose I'm just wondering if the situation is as bad when you there living in nz as it sounds in the paper or if they are reporting on a minority. I'm also a bit confused as to how it will affect poeple in the process of trying to get out there.
Confused me there.

If you have a perfectly good application, Then you will be welcome to NZ. If not, then NZ will not accept the application.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 10:02 pm
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

For goodness sake how many more times has poor Bevs got to go over this

Thanks Bevs for all your posts on this subject
Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NakiMan
For goodness sake how many more times has poor Bevs got to go over this

Thanks Bevs for all your posts on this subject
I am very sorry, I'll make sure I read the whole of the forum next time I want a question answered
Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:36 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I am very sorry, I'll make sure I read the whole of the forum next time I want a question answered
It's really not a problem - it's what BE is here for! BEVS doesn't mind - it was, after all, why she was voted Poster of the Month (2).

Nominations currently under way in the main forum for Poster of the Month 3.

I didn't even get a nomination last time ... and although a little thick on the old NZIS stuff in comparison, I am really rather lovely ...
Old Jul 12th 2009, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

U got my vote that Bev bird sounds a bit narky
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:28 pm
Live from CHCH...

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
U got my vote that Bev bird sounds a bit narky
ah!! Am on the floor....

BEVS' lovely, however we all agree she's the best... so no points even nominating her!! LOL