Newly qualified nurse

Old Jan 24th 2013, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Loukayak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newly qualified nurse

Hi!

I will be qualifying in september 2013 and as my dad lives over in NZ and has not been well I would like to move straight over. Does anyone know what the job market is currently like and whether I will be likely to get a job newly qualified. Another thing is the NZ registration process. I'm doing the diploma; is this comparable to the NZ standard of education? No point in applying for registration if I'm not going to get it. Any information or advice would be gratefully received.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newly qualified nurse

From the NZ Nursing Council, doesn't sound too promising I'm afraid...

From 1 March 2013 all overseas applications for registration will be required to meet the new prescribed qualifications which are as follows:

a) Current registration with an overseas regulatory authority; AND

b) Successful completion of a nursing programme that is, in the Nursing Council’s opinion, equivalent to a three year bachelor degree programme in nursing and at level 7 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework; AND

c) Two years post-registration nursing practice as a registered nurse of at least 2,500 hours within the five years immediately preceding the date of the application; AND

d) At the direction of the Nursing Council successful completion of a Nursing Council approved competence assessment programme.

Applicants who have a diploma qualification only are unlikely to meet educational equivalence and are advised to contact Council staff before submitting an application.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

moondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to all
Default Re: Newly qualified nurse

And the IETLS english test at band 7 in all four levels is still required with the new changes as stated above by lisamct.

I did get an e mail from ACCENT agency which did say a diploma may be considered with further professional development but you would have to discuss with the NCNZ