British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Newbie - would like to say hi and hellllp with immy stuff!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/newbie-would-like-say-hi-hellllp-immy-stuff-753866/)

skends Apr 4th 2012 6:51 pm

Newbie - would like to say hi and hellllp with immy stuff!!

Good day everyone,
I just joined here after discovering this very useful site today.
Have loved reading some of the posts.
I think I will need some advice off anyone who is willing to give! lol
I tried ringing the NZ UK immigration office today for some clarification on my EOI form - but after 4 minutes of waiting the line cut off and went dead - i never even got to speak to anyone!!!! at a pound a min. - i didnt want to risk it again!!
Want to come and work in NZ on a Skilled Migrant Work Visa.
Need some tips if anyone is out there,
Many thanks in advance.

MrsFychan Apr 4th 2012 8:36 pm

Re: Newbie - would like to say hi and hellllp!!

Welcome to the site.

to get over the £1 a minute use this number 01245 454448, it still gets you through to the same place so you will hear the £1 a minute vm but you won't be charged that.

As for the EOI have you filled it out online?
What do you need clarification on?
How many points do you think you have?

skends Apr 4th 2012 9:01 pm

Hi and thanks for your reply,
thats good info about the phone no. - will try that if i cant get the info here first.
Basically my hubby and I - me 47 y/o, hubby 57 y/o want to apply for a work visa - skilled migrant - in my trade which is on the immediate shortage of skills list - im an anaesthetic tech. - im filling the form online. Hubby is not contributing to any points. - query 1 - what is my taxation no? - i phoned the tax office and it's my NI no. thats ok then. Query 2 - what is my social security no? - to me - that would be my NI no. - ??? query 3 - i seem to have to have an offer of employment before a visa will be given - my points are only 115 without a job offer - but it is illegal for a NZ health board to offer an immigrant a job without a valit and current visa - i also have to have professional registration to do my job - but that cannot be granted until i have a valid and current work visa -
query 4 - question F15 and G5 on the EOI form gives no details of my profession on the dropdown menu - yet i can get it in other sections of the form - and it is listed in the skills shortage manual.
I really dont mind where I work - except for the large cities -
If i had a job offer my points would be 165.
Really loved NZ and all it has to offer.
Many thanks in advance for any help

Caz8NZ Apr 4th 2012 10:59 pm

I can help you by telling you about the job offer bit. the health board will offer you the job on the basis that you will have a valid work visa and registration by the time you start working. :-) without visa/registration - you won't be able to commence work, but they can offer you the job.

BEVS Apr 5th 2012 2:03 am

Hi there and welcome.

As this is about immigration stuff, I'll move it to the Immy forum. Not so many look in intros as there and the main forum.

Kija Apr 5th 2012 4:51 am

Hello and welcome to the site :)

skends Apr 5th 2012 5:20 am

Thank-you, I did wonder if i should have posted in the immy section.

Rosemary Apr 11th 2012 2:13 pm

Hello and a big welcome to the New Zealand section of BE from the Consierge in Spain.

You will find excellent information in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

BE Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font. Also there are Consierges who can support and guide you.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary