Newbie Need help with EOI

Old May 22nd 2011, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

vijayk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie Need help with EOI

Hello everyone. I am a newbie to this forum and would require some help is assessing my eligibility to apply under skilled migrant category. I tried to calculate points from the official NZ immigration website and came up with 120 points.
My scenario is I am a citizen of India and I have been residing in the USA for the last 5 years. I have a Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering (LTSSL) from India and a Masters Degree in Environmental Engineering (LTSSL) from USA. I have been working as a Civil Engineer in USA from March 2009 (Competitive market since the work is in USA). I don't have an offer of employment from NZ. So I have calculated my points based on my degrees and work experience and also since my degrees and work experience are listed in LTSSL category and competitive market so I got bonus points for them.

Can anybody please help me if I did anything wrong with my calculations. If everything seems right with my calculations I want to go ahead and apply for EOI as soon as possible.

I would be glad if anyone can examine my scenario and help me out.

Thanks.
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

arsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nicearsalan is just really nice
Default Re: Newbie Need help with EOI

Originally Posted by vijayk
Hello everyone. I am a newbie to this forum and would require some help is assessing my eligibility to apply under skilled migrant category. I tried to calculate points from the official NZ immigration website and came up with 120 points.
My scenario is I am a citizen of India and I have been residing in the USA for the last 5 years. I have a Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering (LTSSL) from India and a Masters Degree in Environmental Engineering (LTSSL) from USA. I have been working as a Civil Engineer in USA from March 2009 (Competitive market since the work is in USA). I don't have an offer of employment from NZ. So I have calculated my points based on my degrees and work experience and also since my degrees and work experience are listed in LTSSL category and competitive market so I got bonus points for them.

Can anybody please help me if I did anything wrong with my calculations. If everything seems right with my calculations I want to go ahead and apply for EOI as soon as possible.

I would be glad if anyone can examine my scenario and help me out.

Thanks.
You did alright. Just try to fill in the EOI to check your points. Dont submit it. If you have more than 100 points your EOI will be selected.
Best of luck brother.

You can ask me further in case of any queries.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 11:40 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Vijayk just check that the university you studied at is on the list of acceptable awarding bodies. Check under the 'Recognised Qualifications' section on the INZ website.
You will need a Washington Accord accredited degree in order to gain bonus points for a qual on the LTSSL
No one can guarantee that your EOI will be selected if you have over 100 points. All this means is that you can submit it. Being on the LTSSL means that it is likely to be selected sooner but check with the above in my first paragraph.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:50 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
No one can guarantee that your EOI will be selected if you have over 100 points. All this means is that you can submit it. Being on the LTSSL means that it is likely to be selected sooner but check with the above in my first paragraph.
That's absolutely correct. Good advice as usual Persephone