Newbie here.

Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:33 pm
rif
Forum Regular

rif is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Newbie here.

Hi All,

Sorry to ask again if this has been already discussed. We are new here and wish to immigrate to NZ. I am ICT Business Analyst (Assessed by ACS) and my wife is Analyst Programmer (Assessed by ACS). Both of us are in Late Fourties. With about 15 years of experience.

We are looking for starting point and any information on how to go about the process. We have got our skills assessed and have taken IELTS tests (waiting for results to come)

Please Advise, thanks in advance
Old Apr 5th 2011, 8:47 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Newbie here.

Your starting point is the New Zealand Immigration Website.

Do the points indicator. 100 is the minimum. 140 is an automatic draw from the pool. Please note that applications with job offers are favoured.

You can check if your qualifications will be recognised for points using this link

If they are not recognised you will need an NZQA assessment.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:38 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

For starters, you are looking pretty good as you would be easily making up some big points EXCEPT with the age factor. Please go and fill out a DRAFT EOI on the site after registering your details. You will get full points indication there which I am expecting to be about 120+, provided you have the qualification from a university or so such as undergrad degree at Level 7 assessed by IQA.

For your qualification you can check with NZQA doing a pre-assessment just to get an indication of which level you get and a final IQA (all this if your qualification and university are not exempt from IQA). Level 7 should be about 50 points per se and an MAsters or so supplement your qualification.

The NZQA process will take upto 30 working days or so which can be fast tracked (cost of about 700+ NZ per person if not fast trackec).

Once you get the PAR, lodge the IQA application and wait for results. There is a verification process which you have to check for yourself with your uni and get caught in the abyss of waiting for the NZQA IQA to come back to you.

Lodge a draft EOI (expression of interest) on the INZ site after you register yourself and have got the NZQA (should you have 100 points or more) and wait upto 6-10 weeks or less as a best case or 6 months as a worst case and then reapply if rejected in 6 months.

Once you get a successful EOI (costing about 450NZ or so), you will get an ITA (where everything you filled in the form comes back to you in an official document and you send your medical, police certificate, work references and other docs in the checklist etc to INZ). Check on the Office Fee Finder for where lodge and the cost of the Skilled Migrant Catgory application based on which country you are a citizen of.

Overall the process including everything could be something like 6-7 months at BEST before you get a PR. If you get a job offer, you increase your points and are looking at 140+ with less than a month of the migration process (when you lodge to get your PR).

You need 140+ points to be deemed an immaculate candidate and anything less like 110 to 130 could get you a Work To Residence Visa where you will be granted a limited period of about 9 months to get a job offer in NZ and work there for about 3 months. After that you get your PR.

Well, that was comprehensive and I wish you all the best. Anything to help anyone looking for a better life. Given your age, you deserve it. INZ site is www.immigration.govt.nz.

Originally Posted by rif
Hi All,

Sorry to ask again if this has been already discussed. We are new here and wish to immigrate to NZ. I am ICT Business Analyst (Assessed by ACS) and my wife is Analyst Programmer (Assessed by ACS). Both of us are in Late Fourties. With about 15 years of experience.

We are looking for starting point and any information on how to go about the process. We have got our skills assessed and have taken IELTS tests (waiting for results to come)

Please Advise, thanks in advance
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:34 am
rif
Forum Regular

Thanks Bivs and Robby. Just looked at EOI bonus points list, it looks like we would be able to make 140.. Thanks guys and please keep posting anything and everything you feel would be important for us in the process.

Many Thanks
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:42 am
rif
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robbyarg
For your qualification you can check with NZQA doing a pre-assessment just to get an indication of which level you get and a final IQA (all this if your qualification and university are not exempt from IQA). Level 7 should be about 50 points per se and an MAsters or so supplement your qualification.
Hi Robby,

Do we have to really do IQA/ PAR done, as the universities we studied are in exception list. What do you suggest, Should we do our PAR (just in case) or submit the exception list along with our degree certificates.

Best Regards,
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rif
Hi Robby,

Do we have to really do IQA/ PAR done, as the universities we studied are in exception list. What do you suggest, Should we do our PAR (just in case) or submit the exception list along with our degree certificates.

Best Regards,
No . You don't need or have to do either a PAR or full NZQA assessment & I do wish Robbyarg would read what people have previously posted .

You gained your degrees in Sri Lanka didn't you and those degrees show on the list of qualifications exempt from assessment. This means that you don't need an NZQA ( New Zealand Qualification Assessment) assessment.

You will need to prove that you have those actual degrees to NZIS, however, when the time comes. (NZIS - New Zealand Immigration Service)
Old Apr 12th 2011, 9:31 am
rif
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
No . You don't need or have to do either a PAR or full NZQA assessment & I do wish Robbyarg would read what people have previously posted .

You gained your degrees in Sri Lanka didn't you and those degrees show on the list of qualifications exempt from assessment. This means that you don't need an NZQA ( New Zealand Qualification Assessment) assessment.

You will need to prove that you have those actual degrees to NZIS, however, when the time comes. (NZIS - New Zealand Immigration Service)
Thanks BEVS,

I am a bit relaxed now with your answer, As I was on my toes earlier (thinking so much left to do more). Now We are waiting for IELTS re-take as our previous attempt was not 6.5 in All.

SO, I think we will be good to launch our EOI within a month's time.

Thanks again.