British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Newbie here (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/newbie-here-584023/)

rinks25us Jan 13th 2009 6:07 pm

Newbie here

I am trying to lodge an online EOI but got stuck in the qualifications part:

My bachelors degree falls under Appendix 5 - List of Recognised Qualifications.
F3a should be answered yes.

Based on above information, should I be saying yes to the question: Has your qualification been assessed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority?

On the next question: What New Zealand qualification was your qualification assessed as being comparable to? Can I simply state my qualification as it matches (233512 Mechanical Engineer) ?

My details are:

Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani (from 1964 onwards).

Moved into IT since 2000, straight from college and have been in IT since then. Any idea how many points will I get?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I tried to make sure that I am not asking an already answered question...

BEVS Jan 13th 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Newbie here

Originally Posted by rinks25us (Post 7163064)
I am trying to lodge an online EOI but got stuck in the qualifications part:

My bachelors degree falls under Appendix 5 - List of Recognised Qualifications.
F3a should be answered yes.

OK

Based on above information, should I be saying yes to the question: Has your qualification been assessed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority?
No.

On the next question: What New Zealand qualification was your qualification assessed as being comparable to? Can I simply state my qualification as it matches (233512 Mechanical Engineer) ?
No.

If you have not had the degree assessed by NZQA then the answers are no.

Any idea how many points will I get?
50 or 55 depending on the degree & the route taken to the degree.

If you have read the appendix , you will have seen the criteria for awarding 50 or 55 points.

rinks25us Jan 14th 2009 7:25 pm

Thanks BEVS for your answer, but as per online EOI, If I say no to Questions F3a and (not or ) F4a, I cannot claim my points for my qualification... which means I cannot even meet the threshold points.

Persephone Jan 14th 2009 11:05 pm

Hi there
You need to say "yes" to a qualification on the list of recognised qualifications and then "no" to it having been assessed by the NZQA. Then fill in which NZ qual yours is equivalent to.
The 50 points should then be automatically added on. I was in the same situation and just filled it in as I've written above. Keep an eye on the points tally at the top of the screen; it should change.
I think you have to answer no to both parts to not get the points.

Sue:)

rinks25us Jan 15th 2009 1:55 pm

Thanks BEVS and Sue . I will try that and let you know how it worked..:)