British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   New Zealand Residancy for Our Daughter (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/new-zealand-residancy-our-daughter-829973/)

tonyhpm Mar 30th 2014 5:58 am

New Zealand Residancy for Our Daughter

Hi All
My wife and I moved to New Zealand in 2004 as a family with our three daughters, we came on a two year talent visa but before that expired and before we applied for our residency our eldest moved back to the UK (18th birthday present) she is now 26 and has come back to New Zealand for her Moms fiftieth birthday. Now she wants to stay and make a life over here. Does anyone have any advice on how we do this, she has limited qualifications and has worked in child care, health care and for the last three years she has worked behind a bar at a working men's club.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

old.sparkles Mar 30th 2014 6:21 am

Re: New Zealand Residancy for Our Daughter

Originally Posted by tonyhpm (Post 11196464)
Hi All
My wife and I moved to New Zealand in 2004 as a family with our three daughters, we came on a two year talent visa but before that expired and before we applied for our residency our eldest moved back to the UK (18th birthday present) she is now 26 and has come back to New Zealand for her Moms fiftieth birthday. Now she wants to stay and make a life over here. Does anyone have any advice on how we do this, she has limited qualifications and has worked in child care, health care and for the last three years she has worked behind a bar at a working men's club.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Tony and welcome to BE :welcome:

I've moved this over to the NZ forum so that you can get the best advice from the people who know - good luck :)

tonyhpm Mar 30th 2014 11:24 pm

Thanks

MrsFychan Mar 30th 2014 11:55 pm

Hi Tony,
sorry but I don't think its going to be possible under the family category as these all changed in recent years but I personally would speak to your local immigration office

Persephone Mar 31st 2014 3:34 pm

She is too old to be classed as dependent.
She would have to get a visa in her own right. One option could be a working holiday visa for 23 months but this is temporary. She would then have to find a permanent job to apply for a permanent job, this would be difficult if she doesn't have any skills in order to get a job that will allow her to apply for a resident visa.
Temporary work visas are only temporary, do not lead to residency and also without any skills it will be hard for an employer to prove no NZers are available to do the job.
Has she considered training for a job that will allow her to immigrate permanently?

I can't think of any 'easy' route unfortunately.
P:)