New to the site- help needed!

Old Aug 29th 2009, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

avatar7gt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to the site- help needed!

Hi i'm new to the site and am lookin into moving to New Zealand.
im a 26 year old single English guy, I have a 3 year bachelor or arts degree in history from an england uni, but i havent worked a job on the skills list or anything.
iv had two tourist visas for new zealand and stayed a month or so.
i havent used the WHV.
my friends over in new zeland and reckons if u apply for residency u can just make a money offer an they might accept it? sounds a bit unlikely to me?

anyway can anyone suggest how i could get residence in new zealand? im willing to go there and work to apply? i dont have a trade so am i stuck realistically?
Old Aug 29th 2009, 10:02 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to the site- help needed!

Originally Posted by avatar7gt View Post
Hi i'm new to the site and am lookin into moving to New Zealand.
im a 26 year old single English guy, I have a 3 year bachelor or arts degree in history from an england uni, but i havent worked a job on the skills list or anything.
iv had two tourist visas for new zealand and stayed a month or so.
i havent used the WHV.
my friends over in new zeland and reckons if u apply for residency u can just make a money offer an they might accept it? sounds a bit unlikely to me?

anyway can anyone suggest how i could get residence in new zealand? im willing to go there and work to apply? i dont have a trade so am i stuck realistically?
Unless you have a skill or large amounts of money to come in as an investor, then you are unlikely to get residency.

You could however get some seasonal work on the vineyards or orchards and come in on a WHV and maybe figure out what it is you want to do and then gain work experience in that field.

I think as you are only just starting out on your career pathway, you should view any permanent move to NZ as part of your 10 year plan and work towards gaining experience in your chosen area
Or the other way is to marry a Kiwi

Good Luck
Old Sep 5th 2009, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

cheryl mac has a spectacular aura aboutcheryl mac has a spectacular aura aboutcheryl mac has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New to the site- help needed!

Hi,

Anyone can get a working holiday visa, usually 1 or 2 yrs so why not go for that and then you can apply for a residence vsa when you can prove you are an asset to the country!

Just an idea...!

We are going for perm res but my other half has a skilled trade on the shortage list so bit diff

Good Luck matey