New NZIS rules for SMC

Old Jan 8th 2007, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default New NZIS rules for SMC

I have just logged into NZIS site and noticed this 'news'.

11 dec news item on NZIS London.
SMC Applications without a Job Offer that claim bonus points will now require a full NZQA assessment...

We are about to send our application in for SMC but hadn't seen this or been informed about it. We received our ITA before this date. We don't have a job offer.
Help!
Old Jan 8th 2007, 3:30 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New NZIS rules for SMC

Originally Posted by helinuk
I have just logged into NZIS site and noticed this 'news'.

11 dec news item on NZIS London.
SMC Applications without a Job Offer that claim bonus points will now require a full NZQA assessment...

We are about to send our application in for SMC but hadn't seen this or been informed about it. We received our ITA before this date. We don't have a job offer.
Help!
eek... i wonder if it just applies to applications submitted after the date? I will drop them an email....keep you posted!
Old Jan 8th 2007, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish
eek... i wonder if it just applies to applications submitted after the date? I will drop them an email....keep you posted!

The other thing that worries me is that I looked on the long term listing and could no longer see my husbands engineering job! Surely they'll honor the application from the date we sent EOI and it was successful?!

O wise one - Perhaps you can answer my other question

Do we send passports with application(I think we do) we are planning to go on a recce in April and the NZIS will still have our passports? Any ideas?
Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:01 pm

The other thing that worries me is that I looked on the long term listing and could no longer see my husbands engineering job! Surely they'll honor the application from the date we sent EOI and it was successful?!

O wise one - Perhaps you can answer my other question

Do we send passports with application(I think we do) we are planning to go on a recce in April and the NZIS will still have our passports? Any ideas?
i can answer the 2nd one. yes you do send your passports, but you can also request them back again. i think the best option for you would be to hand in the application in person - they can check the passports and physically give them back to you.
i dropped an email and said:

Dear NZIS London,

Would it be possible for you to return our passports that you are
currently holding with our application? We are looking to travel to New
Zealand in January/February to attend job interviews, look at housing
and schools in and around Wellington.

We would like to have safe receipt of our passports before booking
flights.
Will these be sent special delivery?

Kind regards,

Their email address is/: [email protected]
Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:02 pm

also wanted to add that i couldnt make head nor tail of that nzqa site - where do we need to go? (feel stoopid!)
Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:07 pm

Found it:

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/for-internat...ult/index.html
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:30 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

What a pain, hope you manage to get it sorted out ok.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Talked to hubby about it this evening I'll phone tomorrow and try to get an answer -
It will delay the process to have to hang around for them to tell us his Degree is ok.It was ok a month ago when we had ITA?!!!

Many thanks for info on the passports karma to you.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Many thanks for info on the passports karma to you.
sorry seems I can't give u any more karma- got to spread it around LOL
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:07 am

sorry seems I can't give u any more karma- got to spread it around LOL
Ok i have had a reply: It says that as i have already submitted the ITA the new criteria do not apply to me. "The requirement of having to submit a full NZQA Assessment applies only to those applications that have been selected from the pool from December 2006."

phew!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

unless it's changed, you don't have to send your passports with your ita's - we sent in approved copies of the info pages and then only sent the passports in after getting approval to have the stickers put in.
Vicki
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:06 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Our ITA requests passports if available or Certified copies.

Sarah
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok i have had a reply: It says that as i have already submitted the ITA the new criteria do not apply to me. "The requirement of having to submit a full NZQA Assessment applies only to those applications that have been selected from the pool from December 2006."

phew!
yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what a relief!!!
thank you so much!! wish I could give you karma
I owe you a drink!
wish there was a smiley for jumping up and down for joy & relief
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:18 am

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what a relief!!!
thank you so much!! wish I could give you karma
I owe you a drink!
wish there was a smiley for jumping up and down for joy & relief
you're telling me - i had a look around the site, eventually found the form i had to fill in - couldnt see how much it was going to cost but i had concerns it would be another £100...

and of course my university has changed its name since i got my qualification and i could just see it was all going to get messy.

anyway relief is over.

am i still not spreading enough love?!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

you're telling me -

anyway relief is over.

am i still not spreading enough love?!
Hubby will be so relieved- looks like we can submit application as soon as blood tests are returned- just hope they don't throw anything up!

It's me that has to spread the karma before giving it to you

Sorry to put you all through that little drama but it was a bit scarey to suddenly find it on NZIS website!