New to this, nurse hoping for NZ

Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

carterfamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to this, nurse hoping for NZ

Hiya all, hoping someone can give me some information.Im a 30 yr old nurse and hoping to go to NZ. Have a few questions. I already have my victorian nurses registration but im awaiting forms for transferring to new zealand registration.
Do i need to sit the english language test for my registrtion or is it for the skilled visa i need to sit it?
Do i need a job offer before i think of going?
Any information or advice in what steps i should take would be greatly appreciated and also costs? thanks
Old Jan 15th 2010, 3:36 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to this, nurse hoping for NZ

Originally Posted by carterfamily
Hiya all, hoping someone can give me some information.Im a 30 yr old nurse and hoping to go to NZ. Have a few questions. I already have my victorian nurses registration but im awaiting forms for transferring to new zealand registration.
Do i need to sit the english language test for my registrtion or is it for the skilled visa i need to sit it?
Do i need a job offer before i think of going?
Any information or advice in what steps i should take would be greatly appreciated and also costs? thanks
Hi & welcome!!
Although I'm also a nurse on my way to NZ I'm sorry to say I can't answer your question fully (not transferring registration & OH is a kiwi) but there are quite a few members of the forum who will hopefully be along later that will be able to help more.

As far as I am aware the IELTS is needed for nursing registration, if you are transferring your Australian registration I don't think you will need to do the exam......hope someone will correct me on this if I'm wrong tho.

A job offer would give you more points for your EOI but you may have enough points already....check out the points calculator on NZIS.

As for costs......be prepared!!! it depends on how many of you are going. To give you some idea my medical, x-ray & blood tests were about £380, costs for this do vary around the country tho. There have been threads about costs before so try doing a search on this and the main forum.

HTH & good luck with your plans
B x
Old Jan 15th 2010, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

carterfamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that, much appreciated!! Seems so much to take in at the moment, i hope im replying correctly to the correct post here haha. Wasnt sure if i was to click on quote or new reply.
I got a private message saying that i didnt need to sit the exam so phew for that
Need to start looking at visas now, oh the confusion
Old Jan 15th 2010, 3:47 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Glad my answer was confirmed NZIS web site is quite informative....bit of a maze but the information you'll need will be there somewhere!!
Use this forum for any help & support you need.....very friendly bunch of lovely people who will be happy to help or point you in the right direction.
Happy posting!
B x
Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I was originally going to Adelaide ,so was reg with ANMC already , but decided on NZ instead. So I did not have t do English exam. It was quite painless transferring documents and getting reg for NZ instead. We are now waiting for approval with ITA and hoping to go March to South Islands.
Good luck .It s a long process not to mention the financial and emotional stress, but I hope it will all be worth it
Jo