Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

New info may worry us now??whats the truth..WTR?

New info may worry us now??whats the truth..WTR?

Old Jul 26th 2010, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

rainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nice
Default New info may worry us now??whats the truth..WTR?

We are going nz oct 2010 with no job offer, will be doing training and looking for a job(sparky)when there.

now we have been told that we may be able to get WTR before going without EWRB complETION or without job offer? is this true?

Mny thanks

Rainy
Old Jul 27th 2010, 5:23 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New info may worry us now??whats the truth..WTR?

yep, unfortunately it is (from what I can gather). I was in a similar situation - as a pharmacist it is impossible to get registration without a work visa/PR, and impossible to get full PR without registration.....hmmm.

So we got issued WTR and not the full PR. This meant that we were issued a 9 month work permit on arrival to NZ.
To conver to PR I had to obtain registration with the pharmacy council and get a job (which I already got before leaving the UK) and stay in said job (full time) for three months.

I am currently waiting for PR to come through....it has just been 3 months (last week!) that I have been working full time.

If you are confident that you can get a job (in a skilled field) when you arrive in NZ then it really shouldn't put you off.
However, without a job offer, I would seriously think about it. (just my 2cents worth)

eta: I did have a job offer before leaving the UK but still only got WTR because I wasn't registered.

Last edited by shelloid; Jul 27th 2010 at 5:24 am. Reason: eta: about job offer
Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:18 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I believe that you are able to uplift a temp EWRB license by completing the health and safety course. This has been held at the London NZIS offices before now.

Sparky remains on the long term shortage list. Have you done the NZIS points indicator to see how many points you could be entitled to ?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

rainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nice

spoke to immi last night- not massively friendly or helpful- but think i got the info i needed, they said no to WTR just cos no job offer! i which case we will stick to original plan arrive Auckland do sparky courses EWRB completion then search for jobs think it will be easier to find work that way.

not sure what our chances are of finding a sparky job for my hubby from the uk?

feeling apprehensive there is so much info, so much to sort out, where are we gonna stay while hubby is studying and for the xmas period? how many forms? maybe it will be less when we are actually doing it and not just looking at it

rainy
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Location: Manchester-Auckland-Anglesey- soon to be Manchester. yay.
sue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nice

Hi rainy, have sent you a pm. sue
Old Jul 30th 2010, 2:57 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rainyandtom
spoke to immi last night- not massively friendly or helpful- but think i got the info i needed, they said no to WTR just cos no job offer! i which case we will stick to original plan arrive Auckland do sparky courses EWRB completion then search for jobs think it will be easier to find work that way.

not sure what our chances are of finding a sparky job for my hubby from the uk?

feeling apprehensive there is so much info, so much to sort out, where are we gonna stay while hubby is studying and for the xmas period? how many forms? maybe it will be less when we are actually doing it and not just looking at it

rainy
Think you and Immigration are getting the two WTR visas confused!. You do need a job offer for the actual WTR visa.
When you apply for PR under the Skilled Migrant Category and reach the end of the process you can be offered PR, declined or a WTR visa. This WTR is different and Shelloid has explained the timings. You get a 9m work visa and once you have worked in a suitable job for 3m you can convert to PR.
Also once granted you only have 3m to get the visa in your passport and then 3m after that to enter NZ, so not much time depending on your plans.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 5:50 am
Just Joined

osmanmohamed is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: New info may worry us now??whats the truth..WTR?

Originally Posted by shelloid
yep, unfortunately it is (from what I can gather). I was in a similar situation - as a pharmacist it is impossible to get registration without a work visa/PR, and impossible to get full PR without registration.....hmmm.

So we got issued WTR and not the full PR. This meant that we were issued a 9 month work permit on arrival to NZ.
To conver to PR I had to obtain registration with the pharmacy council and get a job (which I already got before leaving the UK) and stay in said job (full time) for three months.

I am currently waiting for PR to come through....it has just been 3 months (last week!) that I have been working full time.

If you are confident that you can get a job (in a skilled field) when you arrive in NZ then it really shouldn't put you off.
However, without a job offer, I would seriously think about it. (just my 2cents worth)

eta: I did have a job offer before leaving the UK but still only got WTR because I wasn't registered.
Hey shelloid,

I would like to thank you for the great posts all over the forum, you've been so helpful

Just I will reach the bottom line then details as you are a pharmacist, I am in the same situation as you but I got to get through the NonReq. process so longer time for the internship 26 weeks or 44 weeks + CAOP exam
And I am afraid the 9 month WTR won't be enough to finish all of that and get my full registration and an offer of skilled employment beside staying in it for 3 month. So did you meet any similar cases or is there something that i don't know.... Advice please

Details...

I am Mohamed Osman, I applied for PR under the skilled migrant category as I am a pharmacist in Egypt, sure I went through the registration process with the pharmacy council of NZ, and now i need to start an internship and an evolve program to get my full registration.

I got my interview today, I was told that I won't be granted a PR
,However, I am always optimistic so i think I will get WTR visa

My concern here is that it is a 9 month permit which might not be enough for me to finish my internship and be fully registered. and working as an intern is not enough to get my PR

So know more, need little

In worst case scenarios that I need 3 or 4 month more to finish my registration

So my questions are:

1. Is there a way to extend my WTR permit to finish the registration?
2. Is there anyone who faced the same situation where You are really doing good but running out of time?and what is your advice?
3. for sure I understood the risks i am taking, but more advice about my risks will be appreciated?

Thanks in advance for your help