New Baby PR Visa

Old Apr 4th 2014, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Lornarovers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Baby PR Visa

Hello

My husband and I are hoping to receive our PR visa under SMC in the next couple of weeks (currently in secondary check).

The problem is, I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and so will be having the baby here in the UK before we leave for NZ.

How do I include my new baby on our PR application when she is born, bearing in mind we should already have our visas?

Many thanks

Old Apr 5th 2014, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Baby PR Visa

Hi,

First of all there is nothing you can do until you have done all the formalities. Birth has to be registered. Baby must have a birth certificate. Baby must have a passport.
Only then can you add baby to your Resident visa application, assuming the application is still being processed.
This is what we did.
We applied for Resident visas April 2010 and baby born Feb 2011. At the time we hadn't been granted the visas so we just added him on then had a medical done when Immigration asked for it.

I don't think you can include your new born baby to an application that has already been completed. I'd expect it'll be a new application ?
Maybe Residency via the Dependent Child route ?
They may have to come as a visitor with you first then you apply for the Dependent Child Residency when here in NZ as for that I think the parents need to already be in the country as Residents or Citizens.

Wouldn't hurt to ask Immigration though.
What about if you forced a delay to the Resident visa application processing until the baby is born then you can add them later and restart the process so you all get them granted together ?
Old Apr 6th 2014, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Lornarovers is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your advice escapedtonz!

I woke up yesterday to the great news that our PR application has been approved! We will do what you suggested, the Dependant Child Residency once we are in New Zealand.

Thank you once again :-)
Old Apr 7th 2014, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lornarovers
Thank you for your advice escapedtonz!

I woke up yesterday to the great news that our PR application has been approved! We will do what you suggested, the Dependant Child Residency once we are in New Zealand.

Thank you once again :-)
Cool.
Congrats.