New at this!!

Old Dec 7th 2009, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

teeshie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New at this!!

My husband completed EOI and we are 10 points short!! Only option seems to ber a job offer in NZ. How do we go about this when we are so far away??Can anyone advise?
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all
Default Re: New at this!!

Hi and welcome,

Trawl the internet, look at www.trademe.co.nz and www.seek.co.nz then it is a case of contacting prospective employers and submitting CV's or applications.

If in the future funds allow then you could come out for a holiday and recce and try and arrange interviews etc, but please be aware it could be a long process.

What work are you looking for? Anything specific?

Good luck
Old Dec 8th 2009, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that.....my hubby is a vehicle painter. I have an aunt in nz so maybe a holiday would be good idea!!
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:33 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

ANZSCO 324311 Vehicle Painter - NZ register level 4 qualification.

As you are aware Vehicle Painter is not on either of the New Zealand shortages lists.
Good news is that it is seen as a skilled occupation .

As the trade is not on the shortages list , this means that any NZ employer that offers your husband a job must prove to New Zealand Immigration and the Dept of Labour that there is no NZ resident or citizen that could take up that job.

The best way really to get a job offer is to be here. Boots on ground. Saying that, this is recession and as a word of caution please note that trade jobs are thin on the ground right now for everyone.

Good luck.

Old Dec 9th 2009, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Back to the drawing board then I think............