British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Need information regarding silver fern scheme (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/need-information-regarding-silver-fern-scheme-744762/)

vymokesha Jan 12th 2012 7:15 pm

Need information regarding silver fern scheme

Dear all,

I want to know what sort of information needed when online application to be filled.And it is possible that online application open before 27 April.Please help me regarding this i don't want to miss this opportunity.
Thanks a lot.

vymokesha Jan 13th 2012 9:39 am

Silver fern Job search visa occupation registration for comuter science graduate

Dear All,

I am little bit confuse here as i am computer science graduate and done my
bachelor of science in computer science (4 years) not computer engineering
so my question is that as i am going to fill my application for this visa as i found there is written
"If you hold a qualification that is relevant to an occupation which requires occupational registration in New Zealand, do you hold, or can you show you are able to obtain, registration from the relevant registration authority? "

so what should i select there is 3 option yes,no and not applicable
if you go to this link "http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/skilledmigrant/LinkAdministration/ToolboxLinks/occupationalregistration.htm"
there is not occupation found so what should i select in case of computer science degree?

Thanks a lot.

BEVS Jan 16th 2012 9:25 pm

Re: Silver fern Job search visa occupation registration for comuter science graduate

so what should i select there is 3 option yes,no and not applicable
The answer is 'not applicable'. Your occupation does not require occupational registration from what you have written.

BEVS Jan 16th 2012 9:37 pm

Re: Need information regarding silver fern scheme

Originally Posted by vymokesha (Post 9838697)
Dear all,

I want to know what sort of information needed when online application to be filled.And it is possible that online application open before 27 April.Please help me regarding this i don't want to miss this opportunity.
Thanks a lot.

I see you have found the 2011 silver fern visa thread which may help.

BEVS Jan 16th 2012 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by vymokesha (Post 9838697)
Dear all,

Thanks a lot.

Please read HERE

Application opens on the 27th April and if you read the previous Silver Fern visa thread you will see that you need to be ready to try and keep on trying to get through on the day. That thread also tells you what is needed .

vymokesha Jan 17th 2012 10:02 am

Hi BEVS,

Thank you so much for your responses.One thing i want to conform you that i got once payment screen yesterday but when i submitted then message appear that quota .So what do you mean by appearing payment screen.

Thanks.

BEVS Jan 17th 2012 10:12 pm

I hope you won't mind my writing this but your written English can be very hard to understand. I am not at all sure what you are trying to ask in your above post.

You can't submit and pay now. The Silver Fern 2012 visa scheme is not yet open. You must wait until April 2012.

Nothing to stop you filling out as much as you can of the form and saving it until the day.

The quota for 2011 was filled very quickly. I believe there were 300 places.

I've no idea what you have seen on the payment window of the Silver Fern visa scheme as I have never applied for such a visa.

hopelong7 Jan 19th 2012 12:46 pm

I note if you can get a silver fern job search visa,you may apply for a silver fern practical experiance visa,but it says the following, To be eligible you must hold a Silver Fern Job Search visa, have an offer of skilled employment that meets our requirements, and hold occupational registration if it is required for the job. So if you are on the list of exempt from assesment group (BA honours),does the, hold occupational registration rule apply.

hopelong7 Jan 25th 2012 8:13 pm

If anyone can help id be grateful.

BEVS Jan 25th 2012 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by hopelong7 (Post 9852185)
To be eligible you must hold a Silver Fern Job Search visa, have an offer of skilled employment that meets our requirements, and hold occupational registration if it is required for the job.

So if you are on the list of exempt from assesment group (BA honours),does the, hold occupational registration rule apply.

Pardon? What do you mean? :blink: I think it's quite clear cut really.

In New Zealand some occupations require occupational registration. for example, plumbers, teachers, nurses etc.

Look at the list and see if your occupation requires NZ registration. If it does then if you gain a job offer here you will be required to apply for NZ registration.

karwaljimz Apr 16th 2012 3:23 am

Hi All,

Hope you are all fine.

My Cousin sister had done Masters of Science in MATH. She has one year of experience as Lecturer.

1. So I just want to know that whether she can apply for silver job search visa or not??

2. Does she needs to get full occupational registration.

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Regards,
Gary

mometski Apr 18th 2012 1:01 pm

Hi! I read in the 2011 thread that I could already fill out the online form and just wait for the 27th to pay. Whenever I click on the link for application for Silver Fern Visa, it just says that there are no slots available and the application is closed. Will they open before the 27th for us to be able to fill out the form or do I have to wait until the said date?

Thank you so much for your help!

Zash Apr 25th 2012 7:19 pm

Is anyone able to access the form yet? They say therz a glitch in the website....any ideas wats going on?

BEVS Apr 29th 2012 10:25 pm

Yes. There is a glitch. I think opening date is now set to May 4th.