British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   need help regarding EOI (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/need-help-regarding-eoi-746701/)

shanjani Jan 29th 2012 10:02 pm

need help regarding EOI

Dear User,

Required support, if any one could provide with

1) I have my bachelors degree in electrical engineering - assessed level 7 by NZQA
2) I have 2 years + working experience as project engineer ( DCS system engineer)
3) my wife has bachelors of commerce ( 2 years bachelor program)

on EOI if i claim partner qualification points my total will be 130 points.
but my wife wont be able to get IELTS 6.5, however she may get evidence that her qualification was taught entirely in english.

my worries?

a) with wife qualification points will my case be valid with out partner IELTS but having other english evidence?
b) she needs to have IQA later on as well if her conditions were accepted ?
c) what if i dont claim my wife';s qualification points, my total would be 110 points, will there be any chance of EOI selection in that case?

any help or advice would be highly appreciable.

thanks and best regards

MrsFychan Jan 29th 2012 10:30 pm

Re: need help regarding EOI

I can't reply on your wife's qualifications but with 110 points I doubt you would get picked any time soon without a job offer

shanjani Jan 30th 2012 5:46 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 9872500)
I can't reply on your wife's qualifications but with 110 points I doubt you would get picked any time soon without a job offer

THANKS FOR REPLY

any idea how long it will remain in pool. are there limited chances with 110 points or there is some hope?
secondly if i go with my wife qualification points and got selected later on , do i have to get her degree assessed as IQA from NZQA?

MrsFychan Jan 30th 2012 6:39 am

you remain in the pool for 6mths, if you are not pulled after that time there is nothing to stop you applying again but you will have to pay all over again.
As I said I'm sorry I can't help on your wives qualifications

shanjani Jan 30th 2012 7:03 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 9873008)
you remain in the pool for 6mths, if you are not pulled after that time there is nothing to stop you applying again but you will have to pay all over again.
As I said I'm sorry I can't help on your wives qualifications

Thanks anyways

Is there some body to give some advice, :unsure:

Persephone Jan 30th 2012 8:19 am

a) with wife qualification points will my case be valid with out partner IELTS but having other english evidence?
I don't know the answer to this. NZIS may still request IELTS. It may be better to contact them directly unless someone comes on here who can answer from experience.

b) she needs to have IQA later on as well if her conditions were accepted ?

If your wife's qualifications are not on the list of recognised qualifications then you will need to get them assessed if you wish to gain points for them.

c) what if i dont claim my wife';s qualification points, my total would be 110 points, will there be any chance of EOI selection in that case?

It would be unlikely for you to be selected on that points score. Depending on how your wife's quals are assessed you could gain an extra 10-20 pts for her. Do you have points for work experience in an area of skills shortage as this would increase your chances?
If you haven't done so already then have a look at the 'history of selection points' on the NZIS website. It shows you what has been selected and from that you can get a good idea of how likely you would be to get pulled from the pool.

shanjani Jan 30th 2012 8:34 am

[QUOTE=Persephone;9873149]I don't know the answer to this. NZIS may still request IELTS. It may be better to contact them directly unless someone comes on here who can answer from experience. -[B] i checked from NZ immigration support, they say that IELTS is prefered but other conditions may taken into acount like qualification in an entirely english taught environment.

If your wife's qualifications are not on the list of recognised qualifications then you will need to get them assessed if you wish to gain points for them.
i have sent PAR through NZQA, so if she gets pre assessed, does she have to fully assesed from NZQA (international qualification assessment) later on after geting ITA or this is mendatory only for principal applicant?

It would be unlikely for you to be selected on that points score. Depending on how your wife's quals are assessed you could gain an extra 10-20 pts for her. Do you have points for work experience in an area of skills shortage as this would increase your chances?
I have already gained points for skills in absolute shortage list, so am having 130 points after getting wiv's qualification and work exp in skill shortage points. if i dont go for wife's qualification points. it would be 110 points total

If you haven't done so already then have a look at the 'history of selection points' on the NZIS website. It shows you what has been selected and from that you can get a good idea of how likely you would be to get pulled from the pool.
I had look at it , and noticed it was only once in a six months that applicant with 110 points including 15 points for skil work experience were selected.

Persephone Jan 30th 2012 8:46 am

Originally Posted by shanjani (Post 9873184)
i have sent PAR through NZQA, so if she gets pre assessed, does she have to fully assesed from NZQA (international qualification assessment) later on after geting ITA or this is mendatory only for principal applicant?

From the EOI Partner section:

M4a. PLEASE NOTE: if you have only submitted a Pre-Assessment Result (PAR) for your EOI, and you are invited to apply for residence, the level of your qualification will have to be confirmed through a full International Qualifications Assessment (IQA) by NZQA before points can be awarded.
So yes, a full assessment is necessary in order to claim points for your wife's qualification. This will be needed when you return your ITA

I had look at it , and noticed it was only once in a six months that applicant with 110 points including 15 points for skil work experience were selected.

At least you have more chance with 15 points for work experience in an area of skills shortage even if still quite unlikely. This is the problem, we can only look at previous draws and get an idea of the odds from those. Your criteria may fit the next draw or you may have to wait another 6-12 months or longer for you to get lucky.

That layout's impressive if a little confusing! Didn't mean it to look quite like that....

shanjani Jan 30th 2012 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 9873199)
At least you have more chance with 15 points for work experience in an area of skills shortage even if still quite unlikely. This is the problem, we can only look at previous draws and get an idea of the odds from those. Your criteria may fit the next draw or you may have to wait another 6-12 months or longer for you to get lucky.

That layout's impressive if a little confusing! Didn't mean it to look quite like that....

thanks for the support
so should i go with her qualification points making total of 130 or 110 without her qualification being assessed.? what if they reject her 20 points because of lack of english evidence.will they take our application back in the pool with 110 points r will it still be processed for further immigration process.

shanjani Jan 30th 2012 1:30 pm

please respond any one , need further advice on this , thankssss

Persephone Jan 30th 2012 8:32 pm

If it is decided that you do not have the points you were selected from the pool with, then yes you will be put back into the pool until your 6m are up or your total becomes eligible. After selection NZIS verifies whether your points total is correct or appears to be correct on the information supplied. No documents are sent in with the EOI so all they can go on is the info you've provided. I do not know whether they do any checking or verifying of any details at that point other than make sure what you're claiming points for is in order.
If they are happy about your wife's English ability then they may send you an ITA but it's always possible they may require further proof ie IELTS. It also depends on what level your wife's qualification is assessed at as to how many points gained for her.

Only you can decide whether you risk it with 110 or try and get your wife's quals included to give you a better chance. All we can do is direct you to the information.

Partners and childrenEveryone else included in the application who is aged 16 and over must also meet a minimum standard of English. We accept the following proof of ability:

•A recognised qualification from a course taught entirely in English.
•You are in ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand, and have been for at least 12 months.
•You have sufficient schooling in English:
•primary and at least three years' secondary schooling,
•five years' secondary schooling, or
•tertiary course of at least three years' length.
•You have certain secondary certificates with passes in English classes:
•General Certificate of Education (GCE) 'A' levels from Britain or Singapore,
•Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English,
•Hong Kong Advanced Level Examinations (HKALE) including Use of English,
•University of Cambridge in collaboration with University of Malaysia, General Certificate of English (GCE) 'A' levels,
•International Baccalaureate, full diploma in English Medium,
•STPM 920 (Malaysia), with A or B pass in English Literature,
•South African Matriculation Certificate, with minimum D pass in English (Higher Grade),
•South African Senior Certificate, with minimum D pass in English (Higher Grade), endorsed as 'matriculation exempt', or
•New Zealand tertiary entrance qualification gained on completing year 13 or seventh form.
You have a recent IELTS certificate with an overall band score of 5 or better in the General or Academic modules.In all cases, we may still require an IELTS certificate.
Your wife would only have to get band score 5 on IELTS and not 6.5 as she would be the non principal applicant

Also please read this post by BEVS and be patient. Your last post was at 2.30am here in NZ. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744877

shanjani Jan 31st 2012 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 9874407)
If it is decided that you do not have the points you were selected from the pool with, then yes you will be put back into the pool until your 6m are up or your total becomes eligible. After selection NZIS verifies whether your points total is correct or appears to be correct on the information supplied. No documents are sent in with the EOI so all they can go on is the info you've provided. I do not know whether they do any checking or verifying of any details at that point other than make sure what you're claiming points for is in order.
If they are happy about your wife's English ability then they may send you an ITA but it's always possible they may require further proof ie IELTS. It also depends on what level your wife's qualification is assessed at as to how many points gained for her.

Only you can decide whether you risk it with 110 or try and get your wife's quals included to give you a better chance. All we can do is direct you to the information.

Your wife would only have to get band score 5 on IELTS and not 6.5 as she would be the non principal applicant

Also please read this post by BEVS and be patient. Your last post was at 2.30am here in NZ. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744877

thanks for the advice, I appreciate that

regards