Need HELP please!!! open work visa???

Old Oct 4th 2007, 8:20 am
Just Joined

RickG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need HELP please!!! open work visa???

hi all,
i have a rather awkward situation here and have been so stressed over the past few weeks

i've got an ongoing job offer in NZ but in order to start work on time, i'll go with temporary work visa (general work policy) first. my partner was thinking of going with an open work visa under family stream (no need to have any job offer) , which was very hopeful initially.

however phoned up london and got told the most important factor is to prove that we have been living together. omg, we have joint bank account, car loan etc, but we are not living together, hence we have no joint mortgage, tenancy agreement or whatsoever. and the visa officer knocked us back and said it's not very positive.

anyone had been in the same situation before? if we moved in just now, we could still show that we have been living for 2 months. but is that sufficient and doesn't it look very obvious that we moved in together just for the sake of visa?

could anyone please give some kind opinions or suggestions? we are in stable and genuine relationship (2 years +) and engaged, but we are not living together yet! my partner couldn't afford to resign her job here and come over to NZ as a visitor for 6 months, stay with me to build up evidence but sitting at home everyday!!!

your help is very much appreciated. sorry for this long thread.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 8:43 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Need HELP please!!! open work visa???

What sort of work does your partner do?
Old Oct 4th 2007, 9:11 am
Just Joined

RickG is an unknown quantity at this point

civil servant. we have approcahed a few jobsites and there's no way my partner could find a job without a visa. so ...........
Old Oct 4th 2007, 5:20 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by RickG View Post
civil servant. we have approached a few jobsites and there's no way my partner could find a job without a visa. so ...........
She would have a much better chance once she is here. She could come here and get six months on a visitor's permit. This would allow her time to scout around and find an employer willing to sponsor her for a temporary work permit. Once that's sorted you two would shack up for the requisite twelve months and then Robert is your mother's brother.