need help to get work visa

Old May 1st 2012, 5:44 am
Just Joined

hmooda911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry need help to get work visa

Hi,

I have been granted a silver fern that expire by the end June this year.
Presently, I get a job offer from a meat industry and i get the employer supplementary form, so I can apply for a temporary work visa.

the problem that i have ....my job depend on seasonal so from the last of may until Nov, there is off season.
I am very worried if i applying and get a refused from immigration because of (off period)..

today, I met an immigration advisor he told me that in off period you can apply to a visitor visa and at the same time he told me "you should't tell them the truth story"
so plz.........What's your advices?

Last edited by hmooda911; May 1st 2012 at 6:51 am.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:03 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need help to get work visa

Originally Posted by hmooda911 View Post
Hi,

I have been granted a silver fern that expire by the end June this year.
Presently, I get a job offer from a meat industry and i get the employer supplementary form, so I can apply for a temporary work visa.

the problem that i have ....my job depend on seasonal so from the last of may until Nov, there is off season.
I am very worried if i applying and get a refused from immigration because of (off period)..

today, I met an immigration advisor he told me that in off period you can apply to a visitor visa and at the same time he told me "you should't tell them the truth story"
so plz.........What's your advices?

HOnestly..I think it's very risky.
Old May 3rd 2012, 5:31 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Misleading immigration runs the risk of undoing ANY visa you get, inc PR at ANY time in the future. Foolish agent (but its not his risk). Foolish you if you take his advice IMHO.
Old May 6th 2012, 8:15 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with the others, misleading immigration is not a good idea. I'm not quite sure how you are intending to do that. They will know if you apply for a SF practical experience visa or work visa and a visitor visa at the same time and that should set alarm bells ringing. Is that what you are intending to do?

If I were you I'd be desperately looking for and taking a job anywhere in NZ that fitted the necessary criteria.
Good luck!