In need of help: Dontknow where to start

Old Jun 30th 2012, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

annamichael is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face In need of help: Dontknow where to start

Hey my self and Husband and 2girls want to move to NZ but am rather confused with where to start if there is anyone that can break it down it would be reall appriciated MIchael is an electrican and has been for 10yrs

Many thanks
Old Jun 30th 2012, 9:44 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In need of help: Dontknow where to start

very different from Australia here so I would make sure NZ is really where you want to be firstly.

You will need to fill out and pay for an EOI, requiring a certain amount of points, and if you are lucky enough to be selected then you have the minefield of the ITA to submit.

have a look and become accustomed to using the Immigration website.
EOI details http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rm.htm?level=2
Old Jul 1st 2012, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

karin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I am in a similar boat, but I am trying to get a job offer first that will increase my points. I have completed my EOI but have not sent it in yet, am awaiting the results of my phone job interview in 10 days time, then I will submit as I will have 160 points, hopefully this will mean that we are on our way, not sure though.
Hope this helps.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

aiki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karin View Post
Hi
I am in a similar boat, but I am trying to get a job offer first that will increase my points. I have completed my EOI but have not sent it in yet, am awaiting the results of my phone job interview in 10 days time, then I will submit as I will have 160 points, hopefully this will mean that we are on our way, not sure though.
Hope this helps.
Hi Karin,

Is it possible to secure a job without being in NZ physically ?
AFAIK, most employers want to meet the candidate face to face before making decision.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

thank you both for your help.
Just a question MrsFychan you say its not like OZ?! what do you mean by this?
Anna
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

karin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aiki View Post
Hi Karin,

AFAIK, most employers want to meet the candidate face to face before making decision.
Hi
Hopefully I will secure a job I have had a preliminary interview with ADHB already, and this is my official interview, so hopefully it will work. I'm a nurse do you think this makes a difference.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:08 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annamichael View Post
thank you both for your help.
Just a question MrsFychan you say its not like OZ?! what do you mean by this?
Anna
I noted that you had been asking in the Australian forum and just wanted to point out that the two countries are significantly different. I was amazed at how different NZ was to my idea. We too had looked at Australia so did loads of research on it, in the end we decided it was just not for us at this time, work related. Assumed, incorrectly, that NZ would be very similar in environment so I personally didn't do to much research into it but luckily things have panned out well for us.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karin View Post
Hi
Hopefully I will secure a job I have had a preliminary interview with ADHB already, and this is my official interview, so hopefully it will work. I'm a nurse do you think this makes a difference.
A lot of nurses on here, myself included, landed jobs in NZ while still being in the UK.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aiki View Post
Hi Karin,

Yes you can get a job offer while not in NZ. Having said that, it does seem to depend on your occupation.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to all

Hi Annamichael

As others have said, go onto the immi NZ website and do a points indicator check to see if you have sufficient points - that's the first thing you need to check.

My husband is an electrician and we are currently awaiting our Permanent Resident Visas. Here's what we did:

Submitted Expression of Interest with 140 points (so we automatically were Invited to Apply).

When Invitation to Apply arrived we got our medicals and police checks done and gathered all the documents.

We also sent all Marc's qualifications away to the Electrician Workers Registration Board to get a letter which basically states Marc could gain his Limited Licence. You need this when you submit your Invitation to Apply.

While this was happening we applied for as many electrician jobs as possible, agencies, advertised jobs, as well as speculative applications by googling electrician firms.

He got a job offer from an accredited employer - so we put this in with our Invitation to Apply which means we SHOULD get our Permanent Resident visa straight off, all being well. (without a job offer, an electrician could be offered a Job Search Visa)

It all sounds complicated - but it's okay if you take it step by step and the folks on here are really helpful so don't waste money on an agent unless you have any unusual circumstances which may hinder your application.

Lastly, my advice would be def. try to get a job offer. It's difficult, but not impossible and will drive your application forward. Marc had a Skype interview.

Hope I haven't made it sound more complicated than it is!!!! Good luck!

HeatherGirl
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Thank you so so much, no you haven't complicated it made it a lot easier thank you
Good luck to you too