British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Need help in calculating my points (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/need-help-calculating-my-points-909111/)

salmanearn Feb 12th 2018 7:25 am

Need help in calculating my points

Hello Every one,

Need some advice on a few matters before submitting a EOI.
My Calculation:

Age 35----------------------------------------------------- Points 30
Recognize Qualification level 9 (MSc IT)----------------- Points 70
Work Experience: 10 Years (Sr System Engineer IT)--- Points 50
Work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage Points: 15

The above is a simple calculations i am doing, however their are few uncertainties i need to understand which could play a major role is claiming these points.

1st: In order to claim bonus points in area of absolute skills shortage it says
- A bachelor's degree at NZQF Level 7, or a higher qualification with a
minimum equivalent of 360 credits.

I am claiming 70 points for master which is level 9, for bonus points in area of absolute skill shortage its says a bachelors degree. I am confuse will i be able to claim these bonus points on masters degree. Please suggest

Thanks really appreciate if some one help me untangle this puzzle :)

Regards:

sam

MrsFychan Feb 12th 2018 7:53 am

Re: Need help in calculating my points

have you made sure that the qualification you gained was from a recognised institution as listed here:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/45798.htm

if not it would have to be accessed.

"Also you can no longer claim points for the work experience in absolute skill shortage.
points for employment, work experience and qualifications in identified future growth areas, qualifications in areas of absolute skills shortage and close family in New Zealand will be removed". https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...policy-details

salmanearn Feb 12th 2018 8:16 am

Thanks for the reply,
My Qualifications Msc Network & Performance Engineering 2007
In the list its included University of Bradford BS and MS: 1982–2011.

I was using the points calculator its still showing absolute skill shortage probably they have not updated the calculator.

Are the age and qualification points i have put in are still relevant. Many Thanks

MrsFychan Feb 12th 2018 8:21 am

you need to be using this calculator
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ator-smc-28aug

ignore the 100 points bit in the top right. that just means you can apply with 100 point but nothing is being selected under 160 points so is just a waste of money of you cannot get to 160.

Points for age and qualification looks right to me

salmanearn Feb 12th 2018 8:31 am

Thanks, the calculator still giving points for absolute skill shortage .Probably they need to update it .

escapedtonz Feb 12th 2018 8:48 am

To claim the 15 bonus points relating to absolute skill shortage and meeting the requirements of an occupation off the LTSSL you CANNOT use the Level 9 masters degree. It is too high a level and it does not meet the requirements as stated on the LTSSL. To claim the points you MUST have an appropriate Bachelor degree Level 7 as stated in the requirements or you cannot claim the bonus points.

salmanearn Feb 12th 2018 10:30 am

Originally Posted by escapedtonz (Post 12440073)
To claim the 15 bonus points relating to absolute skill shortage and meeting the requirements of an occupation off the LTSSL you CANNOT use the Level 9 masters degree. It is too high a level and it does not meet the requirements as stated on the LTSSL. To claim the points you MUST have an appropriate Bachelor degree Level 7 as stated in the requirements or you cannot claim the bonus points.

Ohh that what i was thinking in back of mind. So it make me short of 10 points to reach 160. My wife have a 4 year Bachelors degree in B.Pharm from Pakistan. I am finding its hard to find information on evaluating it from NZQA to claim 10 points for partner. If i am able to get a positive evaluation at level 7 or above we will 10 points for that .

Any idea ??

salmanearn Feb 12th 2018 10:48 am

251512 Industrial Pharmacist, the mission now is to get the evaluation. If any one could guide me the process it would be a grate advantage .

escapedtonz Feb 12th 2018 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by salmanearn (Post 12440140)
Ohh that what i was thinking in back of mind. So it make me short of 10 points to reach 160. My wife have a 4 year Bachelors degree in B.Pharm from Pakistan. I am finding its hard to find information on evaluating it from NZQA to claim 10 points for partner. If i am able to get a positive evaluation at level 7 or above we will 10 points for that .

Any idea ??

Yes, if she meets all the criteria for a partner and you can get NZQA qualification assessment that gives it the equivalent of Level 7 or above then you can claim the partner points which is 20 for Level 7 and above.
She would have to meet the same English Language Level as that of a principal applicant AND you would also have to prove the partnership.

Please also note that without an NZ job offer or any NZ work/study experience you will not be approved for Resident Visa via Skilled Migrant Category. The best you could hope for would be a Job Search Visa for the principal applicant only.

salmanearn Feb 13th 2018 4:35 am

Originally Posted by escapedtonz (Post 12440215)
Yes, if she meets all the criteria for a partner and you can get NZQA qualification assessment that gives it the equivalent of Level 7 or above then you can claim the partner points which is 20 for Level 7 and above.
She would have to meet the same English Language Level as that of a principal applicant AND you would also have to prove the partnership.

Please also note that without an NZ job offer or any NZ work/study experience you will not be approved for Resident Visa via Skilled Migrant Category. The best you could hope for would be a Job Search Visa for the principal applicant only.

yahh you are right,going through all of this & only getting a job search visa:( Thanks, for sharing all the information. Every one here is really cool. I have all my answers :)