British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Need Help for Applying IPENZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/need-help-applying-ipenz-879622/)

Shamil641 Jun 29th 2016 2:49 am

Need Help for Applying IPENZ

Dear Friends
I am new to this forum. I have done double master’s degree from Australia, i.e. masters of Information System and Masters of Business Administration Specialization in Information Systems, but have Bachelor of Commerce back ground, I got my EOI approved with 160 points, 140 for myself and 20 for my spouse, when i applied for my EOI at that time bachelors of Commerce degree was available for claiming long term points, my EOI was approved in the month of January 2016. For Computer Network and System Engineer ANZCO Code 263111 occupation. On 23rd April New Zealand Immigration has changed their rules that for clamming Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) in ICT, Electronics and Telecommunication you must have bachelors of Computer Science or bachelors of engineering at least level 7 or above.
I applied for IQA and IQA has given me Generic outcome i.e. level 5 for my bachelors of Commerce Degree and Level 9 for my Masters of Information System and MBA. Now the problem is for level 7 or above I need to apply for IPENZ, and my degrees are not according to Washington Accord so most probably I have to apply for KA02 Assessment, but I don’t have any engineering back ground at all.
For the same ANZCO Code 263111 ACS (Australian Computer Society) has recognized my degrees and experience in the same category. Can someone help me what to do now as my CO has given me only 7 days to think if I want to apply for IPENZ and 18th July if I choose to apply for IPENZ with the proof.

Waiting for your response
Shamil Akram

Jan n Neil Jun 29th 2016 5:19 am

Re: Need Help for Applying IPENZ

KA02 Assessment: You will need to provide evidence that a combination of evidence of academic study and knowledge and skills has been gained in the workforce to demonstrate that you have and can apply a level of engineering knowledge equivalent to that gained through a Washington Accord degree.

I guess this would include proof that you worked as an engineer alongside engineering graduates, with the types of engineering projects you have worked on etc. I'm pretty sure this is what you will have to do. I also think it's expensive.

Why not ring the IPENZ office in Wellington - they are very friendly :-)

Shamil641 Jun 29th 2016 11:47 pm

Dear Neil

Thankyou for your reply, i heard KA02 is the most difficult forum to fill and in that forum you need to mention which engineering tool you applied in the projects, the problem is i don't have engineering back ground at all, so it will be difficult for me to explain,
is there any link i can download the ka01 and Ka02 fourm, will wait for your kind reply

Jan n Neil Jun 30th 2016 12:27 am

Ring IPENZ or email them.

msmyrtle Jul 1st 2016 2:56 pm

From what you have written, with no work experience as an engineer and two semi-related masters (and an irrelevant bachelors) I would doubt you would have a successful application.