Need clarification on a visa

Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:16 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need clarification on a visa

Seems some agents are telling people that if they are on a WTR visa and then apply for a Residence from work visa that if their salary is over $90,000 they will not get the travel conditions on their visa so no need to reapply again after 2 years to have these removed. apparently agent says this is from at least 2010. I can't see anything on this from Immigration site.

Anyone have any ideas??
Old Mar 29th 2017, 12:28 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need clarification on a visa

seems to be this they are referring to:

have current ongoing employment that meets
the following salary requirements
Date your Talent
work visa application
was lodged
Minimum base
salary requirement
(per annum)*
On or after 30 July 2007
but before 28 July 2008 NZ$50,000
On or after 28 July 2008 NZ$55,000
* If you have a base salary of NZ$90,000 or more you may
be eligible for a permanent resident visa.
• hold full or provisional registration, if full or .

page 11 of https://www.immigration.govt.nz/docu...es/inz1003.pdf.

to me this just seems to refer that if the salary is over 90K they could go an alternative route than WTR and nothing to do with the Residence from work and travel conditions
Old Mar 29th 2017, 1:01 am

Default Re: Need clarification on a visa

well you learn something new. Well I have, some of you may already of known.

If you are on a WTR visa but earn over 90K when it comes to upgrade at the 2 year mark you can apply for Residency without travel conditions then rather than apply for the Work for Residency visa, wait another 2 years to have the travel conditions removed.
Immigration say that 90K is seen as a highly skilled salary and as they wish to maintain skilled people in the country they offer this stepping stone.

Bit of a slap in the face for those that came over on a LTSSL and partners of Kiwi's who still have to do the 2 years with travel conditions.