Need advice for NZ immigration

Old Jan 16th 2012, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Parampreet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advice for NZ immigration

Hi,

I am planning to apply for NZ immigration. I have done Master of Computer applications. With two years of experience as Software Engineer in Multinational
organisation. My Score in Ilets is 7 bands. My degree and experience are both in
future growth areas and absolute skills shortage. My wife has done BSc (Nursing) with Two years of experience and 6 bands in Ilets. I want to ask following questions:

1. My masters degree is in recognized qualifications list but bachelor degree is not in recognized qualifications. Do I need to get my bachelor degree assessed?

2. My score is 140 after adding bonus points for my partner. What are the chances of getting EOI approved?

3. My wife has done BSc(nursing). Can I claim partner's qualification bonus points?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 7:36 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need advice for NZ immigration

Originally Posted by Parampreet
Hi,

1. My masters degree is in recognized qualifications list but bachelor degree is not in recognized qualifications. Do I need to get my bachelor degree assessed?
Is it your masters degree that matches the work experience?
What is the occupation?

2. My score is 140 after adding bonus points for my partner. What are the chances of getting EOI approved?
That's an automatic pull from the EOI pool. That does not mean automatic residency. It means NZIS take the application seriously and will start to check it.

3. My wife has done BSc(nursing). Can I claim partner's qualification bonus points?
Yes, in theory, but you really should make sure that it is from a 'comparable' area ( country). Also it is a requirement that the nurse be NZ registered.
NZ nursing council can advise you better if your wife nursing quals are acceptable or in need of further assessment.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for reply.

Is it your masters degree that matches the work experience? - Yes

What is the occupation? - Software Engineer

Yes, in theory, but you really should make sure that it is from a 'comparable' area ( country). Also it is a requirement that the nurse be NZ registered.
NZ nursing council can advise you better if your wife nursing quals are acceptable or in need of further assessment.
Qualification is from India, which is not in the list of 'comparable labour market'. She is working as 'Registered Nurse', this occupation is present in the 'area of absolute skills shortage'? Should I apply for registration first or assessment?

Thanks
Old Jan 17th 2012, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

My opinion would be to get the registration with NZ Nursing Council first, then submit an EOI. Without registration the nursing qualification is simply an academic qualification, it doesn't necessarily mean that she could get work as a nurse here..........registration with NZNC does give evidence that she can find work as a registered nurse here. Nursing is still an in demand occupation, so worth having that on your application if you can. Only my opinion of course.
With regards to the assessment NZNC will review any request for registration. For individuals from countries with training requirements similar to NZ there may well not be any further assessment, but if they are unsure of how her qualification/ experience compares to their expectations they may want to assess further. So, no need for you to look at any assessments of her nursing quals yet, NZNC will do that when they assess if she meets their standards for registration.
Hope that all makes sense.

Last edited by Tomsk; Jan 17th 2012 at 6:28 pm. Reason: To ramble on a bit about the assessment query!
Old Jan 19th 2012, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply.

Can I claim the bonus points by getting the BSc(Nursing) degree assessed rather than applying for registration? Please advice me on this.

Thanks
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Can I claim the bonus points by getting the BSc(Nursing) degree assessed rather than applying for registration? Please advice me on this.
I'm sorry I don't actually know, I'd suggest yes, but to be honest that's just a guess. It's a long, long time since I completed the EOI online, & I guess a lot has changed, but have you tried entering her degree on your online EOI application ( as far as I'm aware you can still play around with it, entering your data & then save it. You only pay when you submit it). If the system likes the degree it will be accepted, if not it won't. Then you need to look at where you go to from there. If it does need assessing the NZNC are the people in the best position to assess.......will she be planning to work over here?

Sorry, not sure that's any help, but I didn't want you to think I was ignoring your query by not replying.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Hi your wife will to obtain at least band 7 across all Categories in the ielts exam in order to gain registration with the nz council
Old Feb 6th 2012, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

limeloveaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks
Dear parampreet,
i'm amandeep from india and i'm a pharmacist. yes, definately u'll get points for ur spousal qualification if she did not go through the registration process. Registration is a requirement to work over dere not to apply file. please also check the list of universitites that are expemted from the assesment.
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i35171.htm
if your university is in the list then their is no need of assesment. you are having very good chance to apply.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by limeloveaman
Dear parampreet,
i'm amandeep from india and i'm a pharmacist. yes, definately u'll get points for ur spousal qualification if she did not go through the registration process. Registration is a requirement to work over dere not to apply file. please also check the list of universitites that are expemted from the assesment.
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i35171.htm
if your university is in the list then their is no need of assesment. you are having very good chance to apply.
Hi Aman.

Thanks for reply. I have done MCA(Five year integrated course) from Guru Nanak Dev University(GNDU), Amritsar. MCA from GNDU is recognized and is present in the list of qualification exempt from assessment. But my degree is not present there. I applied for PAR and they have assessed my degree to level 8. but the MCA from GNDU is assessed at level 9.
Can i claim 60 Points for the MCA in EOI?
With the level 8 assessment my score is 130 points. Is it worth applying for EOI with 130 points?
Old Feb 8th 2012, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Hi Aman.

Thanks for reply. I have done MCA(Five year integrated course) from Guru Nanak Dev University(GNDU), Amritsar. MCA from GNDU is recognized and is present in the list of qualification exempt from assessment. But my degree is not present there. I applied for PAR and they have assessed my degree to level 8. but the MCA from GNDU is assessed at level 9.
Can i claim 60 Points for the MCA in EOI?
With the level 8 assessment my score is 130 points. Is it worth applying for EOI with 130 points?
According to my knowledge they will give points acc. to their assesment not G.N.D.U... i think u still have very gud chance with 130 and its also beneficial that ur spouse has nursing degree both are in LTSSL... i think u should go ahead..
Old Feb 10th 2012, 1:12 am
`

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks
not according to NZIS website . See below

Originally Posted by limeloveaman
yes, definately u'll get points for ur spousal qualification if she did not go through the registration process. Registration is a requirement to work over dere not to apply file.
Not correct. Please read below. Quote taken direct from the NZIS website LTSSL

Ref ; Occupation NURSE.

NZIS state this for claiming bonus points.

Originally Posted by NZIS LTSSL- Occupation of Nurse
In order to claim bonus points for qualifications in an area of absolute skill shortage under the Skilled Migrant Category, applicants must meet the following specifications

NZ registration AND three years experience (Qualifications in this area of absolute skill shortage are: a Bachelor of Nursing OR Diploma in Comprehensive Nursing, diploma or hospital based certificate)

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 10th 2012 at 1:19 am.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
not according to NZIS website . See below

Not correct. Please read below. Quote taken direct from the NZIS website LTSSL

Ref ; Occupation NURSE.

NZIS state this for claiming bonus points.
But the person can only go through the all registration process when he/she will ne in NZ because all the exams are only conducted only in NZ not overseas.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 11:31 pm
`

Perhaps take a look at other threads by nurses who have gone through the registration process outside of NZ
The IELTS test can be taken anywhere.

If the overseas quals don't match the NZ standard for registration then points cannot be claimed.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

i have following Questions:
1. PAR assessment for the BSc(nursing) has given Level 7and 6.5 overall bands in Ielts. Can I claim 20 points?
2. My Masters Degree is in list of qualifications exempt from the assessment. But Bachelor degree is not in the list. Do I need to get my bachelor degree assessed before applying for EOI?
3. When does the rules for NZ immigration change Like for Australia Rules change on 1st July?

Thanks in advance.