British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Is it necessary to Hire Immigration Agent applying online EOI? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/necessary-hire-immigration-agent-applying-online-eoi-718685/)

msaadkhan May 28th 2011 6:59 am

Is it necessary to Hire Immigration Agent applying online EOI?

Hello,
My name is Saad and I just want to en-quire that I am getting 110 points and I filled the Online EOI form but on the last page it's asking about Immigration Agent details. Do one can't submit EOI without Immigration agent details?

Thanking You.

SAAD.

thedtb May 28th 2011 7:50 am

Re: Is it necessary to Hire Immigration Agent applying online EOI?

Welcome to the forum SAAD.

It's not a condition of the EOI that you must use an agent. We didn't (and many don't). But then our own preferences, ability and EOI score etc were such that we just didn't/don't need one

Your own circumstances will dictate whether it would be adviseable to hire one. Or, you may simply just prefer to hire one and have them support and assist you.

I'd suggest that with just 110 points, an Agent might be able to advise if any additional points are available that you are not aware of. However an Agent costs money and the folk amongst this forum will be pleased to assist if they can and that won't cost you anything.

Regards.

msaadkhan May 28th 2011 9:51 am

Originally Posted by thedtb (Post 9393067)
Welcome to the forum SAAD.

It's not a condition of the EOI that you must use an agent. We didn't (and many don't). But then our own preferences, ability and EOI score etc were such that we just didn't/don't need one

Your own circumstances will dictate whether it would be adviseable to hire one. Or, you may simply just prefer to hire one and have them support and assist you.

I'd suggest that with just 110 points, an Agent might be able to advise if any additional points are available that you are not aware of. However an Agent costs money and the folk amongst this forum will be pleased to assist if they can and that won't cost you anything.

Regards.

Well,
Thanks alot for the reply. But the problem is that I myself know all and I don't need any agent but the online EOI form is not allowing me to move forward without filling the agent's details.

FriendForEver May 28th 2011 10:50 am

Originally Posted by msaadkhan (Post 9393202)
Well,
Thanks alot for the reply. But the problem is that I myself know all and I don't need any agent but the online EOI form is not allowing me to move forward without filling the agent's details.

As for i remember, there is an option that does anybody helped you in filling the EOI or Did you hired any agent for assistance If you will put "YES" on it then it will required the agent details otherwise it will not required to move forward.

simonsi May 28th 2011 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by msaadkhan (Post 9393202)
Well,

You have answered that you had assistance so you must enter the details of who provided the assistance.

Check back through the questions:

"Declaration for Person Assisting Applicant
To be completed and signed by any person who has assisted the applicant to complete this form by providing immigration advice, explaining, translating or filling in the form for the applicant.

Has anyone assisted you in the completion of this Expression of Interest?" - answer this NO and you don't have to fill in the details.

msaadkhan May 29th 2011 12:40 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 9394182)
You have answered that you had assistance so you must enter the details of who provided the assistance.

Check back through the questions:

"Declaration for Person Assisting Applicant
To be completed and signed by any person who has assisted the applicant to complete this form by providing immigration advice, explaining, translating or filling in the form for the applicant.

Has anyone assisted you in the completion of this Expression of Interest?" - answer this NO and you don't have to fill in the details.

Thanks guys but this "NO" option is not available in the Online EOI form.

This is the option available:

U1. Please provide the following immigration adviser details

Licensed
Exempt
Unlicensed

When I select the "Exempt" option it gives the following options:

1.Advice given in informal or family context only
2.NZ Member of parliament
3.Foreign Diplomat
4.NZ Public Service
5.Lawyer
6.Community Law Center
7.Citizens Advice Bureau

If I select "Advice given in informal way" the n even have to fill details of agent.

However, If not consulted anyone regards the application.

Kindly let me know what to do. Just because of this field in-complete I am unable to submit EOI.

Thanking You.

SAAD.

Persephone May 29th 2011 4:08 am

The NO option was there when I filled mine in online:p

Just had a look at a draft EOI. Section U does not exist unless you state somewhere that you have received immigration advice. Section Z starts with this question:

Has anyone assisted you in the completion of this Expression of Interest?
There is then a drop down box with a yes or no in it. If you answer 'no' then the section is complete

A20 asks if you received immigration advice and has the same drop down box- have you written 'no' in this one? If you have put yes for A20 then this may be why you cannot get past the 'advisors' section'

msaadkhan May 29th 2011 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 9394698)
The NO option was there when I filled mine in online:p

Just had a look at a draft EOI. Section U does not exist unless you state somewhere that you have received immigration advice. Section Z starts with this question:

There is then a drop down box with a yes or no in it. If you answer 'no' then the section is complete

A20 asks if you received immigration advice and has the same drop down box- have you written 'no' in this one? If you have put yes for A20 then this may be why you cannot get past the 'advisors' section'

Hello,
Well I think when you applied their was some other option available now this option is not available. The options that I listed above is only available. This option is not available and their is "NO" option available and it's asking about the adviser.

Persephone May 29th 2011 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by msaadkhan (Post 9394959)
Hello,
Well I think when you applied their was some other option available now this option is not available. The options that I listed above is only available. This option is not available and their is "NO" option available and it's asking about the adviser.

No, the EOI has not changed at all. I checked a new online EOI when I answered your question so my answer is completely up to date.

Have you checked your answers for A20 and Z?
I will rephrase my reply. There are two sections where you are asked a question about immigration advice. One is under the identity section and is question A20, the other is section Z. If you answer 'yes' to either of these then section U appears which is a mandatory section [which is where you're at]. If you answer 'no' to both of these then section U does not show up at all.
As far as I know there are no other questions about this.
If you've answered 'no' and section U turns up then you need to recheck your whole EOI and either start a new one or contact NZIS as this shouldn't exist.

msaadkhan May 31st 2011 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 9396201)
No, the EOI has not changed at all. I checked a new online EOI when I answered your question so my answer is completely up to date.

Have you checked your answers for A20 and Z?
I will rephrase my reply. There are two sections where you are asked a question about immigration advice. One is under the identity section and is question A20, the other is section Z. If you answer 'yes' to either of these then section U appears which is a mandatory section [which is where you're at]. If you answer 'no' to both of these then section U does not show up at all.
As far as I know there are no other questions about this.
If you've answered 'no' and section U turns up then you need to recheck your whole EOI and either start a new one or contact NZIS as this shouldn't exist.

Yeps, Man thanks alot I got the problem solved, actually I had selected 'YES' in A20.

Thanks alot.

simonsi May 31st 2011 4:58 am

Originally Posted by msaadkhan (Post 9398786)
Yeps, Man thanks alot I got the problem solved, actually I had selected 'YES' in A20.

:thumbsup:

...and that answers the question proposed by the thread :)