British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Nanny and Plasterer .EOI 110 points (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nanny-plasterer-eoi-110-points-755980/)

Aimj Apr 23rd 2012 8:01 pm

Nanny and Plasterer .EOI 110 points

Hi Bevs,
My name is Aimee and im new to this forum. You sound brilliant and very helpfull.
Thanks for the EOI selection info. We submitted ours on April 4th, so i guess still early days? We submitted it with 110 points. I have a job offer in Malbrough Sounds as a nanny. My partner is the main applicant. He is a plasterer, but not yet had a job offer.
How soon do you think we will get selected or is it anyones guess? (you've probably had that question many times)
Regards
Aimee

simonsi Apr 23rd 2012 11:33 pm

Re: Nanny and Plasterer .EOI 110 points

More than 100pts with a job offer should mean immediate pull on the next draw I think but there is a sticky post at the top of the immigration section with the last draw's details so you can see.

If that is the case no reason not to have yourself as the primary applicant and get started if you wish...

Persephone Apr 24th 2012 2:33 am

I agree, why are you ie Aimee with the job offer not the main candidate?:confused:

scrubbedexpat094 Apr 24th 2012 3:36 am

We submitted our EOI with myself as the main candidate (Midwife) but OH managed to get a job & the employer wanted him pronto (Procurement, which wasn't on the ISSL or LTSSL at that time). We just got in touch with NZIS by email & they made OH the main candidate. We had already been selected from the pool at this point though.

Just wanted you to be aware that it is possible to swap ;)

Persephone Apr 24th 2012 3:38 am

Just thought, Aimee do you have any qualifications or do you need your partner's qualifications in order to apply as skilled migrants?

BEVS Apr 24th 2012 3:49 am

Nanny is not in the list of occupations seen as skilled .

Another thought I've had not related to the application but relevant to how you will survive financially. How do see your OH getting a job ? The Marlborough Sounds is a beautiful place but I doubt there would be work for a plasterer there.

Aimj Apr 24th 2012 12:36 pm

Thank you for all of your imput,
@ Persephone, The reason being why i am not the main candidate is because i have no qualificatons where as my OH does. Hence him being the main candidate in order to apply for the Skilled Migrant. I only have years of experiance. Hes the one with the qualificatons in Plastering.
@ vitalstatistix, thank you for the advice on a possible swap, i might just email NZIS.
@Bevs i thought Nanny was in the list of occupations. In the EOI, the part where the partner is asked "Do you have a job offer" I typed in Nanny. The Occupaition code/desription Nanny popped up with 421113 next to it.
It has confused me slightly now that you have said its not on the list.
As for the finance, we do have a sufficaient amount of savings, plus the nanny job has provided us both with accommodation and food. My OH will help out on their farm until he finds himself some work.
I take on board all of your advise and questions, its much appreciated
Look forward to hearing from you
Aimee

Aimj Apr 24th 2012 2:25 pm

Hey,
I see that Nanny is not on the skilled list, although its on occupations list which has obviously confused me (ANZSCO 421113), where as my OH Solid plasterer is on the occupations list as skilled (ANZSCO 333212).
It doesn't take much to confuse me,
I wonder if we are still in with a good chance,
Thanks again

ellenarosemary Apr 24th 2012 5:33 pm

Nanny may be on the occupations list, but if it is not on one of the shortage lists either Long Term Shortage List or Immediate Skills Shortage List, you are unlikely to be picked from the pool - and if you are they will do a labour market test to see if there are any other suitable candidates in NZ, and at that point I think you will fail - sorry!

Aimj Apr 24th 2012 7:32 pm

Oh noooo, thats bad news!
Thank you for you info even if it wasn't what i had hope to hear :-(

rangioran May 18th 2012 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Aimj (Post 10021586)
Hi Bevs,
My name is Aimee and im new to this forum. You sound brilliant and very helpfull.
Thanks for the EOI selection info. We submitted ours on April 4th, so i guess still early days? We submitted it with 110 points. I have a job offer in Malbrough Sounds as a nanny. My partner is the main applicant. He is a plasterer, but not yet had a job offer.
How soon do you think we will get selected or is it anyones guess? (you've probably had that question many times)
Regards
Aimee

Aimee - with every skilled Civil-related skill in extremely high demand for the re-construction of Christchurch get your OH looking down here (contact Shirley van Waveren [email protected]
Dion Kerr [email protected]
www.recovercanterbury.co.nz) at Christchurch Chamber of Commerce for assistance and advice.

Good luck!