Name change and visa

Old Jan 13th 2013, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Bexie7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Name change and visa

Hi
I am getting married in May and I am hoping to be move to NZ as soon as possible after. As I plan to have my visa in place already I will have to travel on my maiden name and change my name once in NZ
My concern is when I change my passport to my married name, what will happen with my visa? Will it be carried over into new passport or will I lose it and need to reapply?
Any help is appreciated
Thanks.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name change and visa

Unless you NEED to renew your passport because of expiry date, my advice would be to just leave it until it actually needs renewing, or renew it and then apply for your visa.

As I understand it you need to pay again to get your visa transferred to your new passport, see this;

http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/knowledgebase/item/1137

It ain't cheap. Hence my prior suggestions.