Are my skills recognized in NZ

Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all
Default Are my skills recognized in NZ

Hi all

I had my skills assessed last year as I was wanting to emigrate to OZ. I was successful in gaining a positive assessment as a Vocational Educational Teacher. If I now decide that I want to go to NZ instead would I need to have my skills re-assessed, even if Oz have accepted me??!!

a confused Emma
Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Are my skills recognized in NZ

Short answer is a resounding YES.

New Zealand is not Australia.

I'm not sure what a Vocational Educational Teacher is. Looking at ANZSCO it seems to be a Polytechnic Teacher.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BEVS
Short answer is a resounding YES.

New Zealand is not Australia.

I'm not sure what a Vocational Educational Teacher is. Looking at ANZSCO it seems to be a Polytechnic Teacher.
Yes they would accept me or yes I would have to have my skills assessed again - sorry for being numb!!!!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I like you ! Come to NZ !

The fact that you had your skills assessed by Oz means bugger all to NZ.

So, yes, you will need to have your skills re-assessed .

However, this does all depend on what quals you have. In some cases, for some occupations , an assessment of quals isn't required if they are listed by NZIS. For some occupations , assessment & registration is required.

The NZIS ( New Zealand immigration ) is unobtainable for me at the moment. I was wanting to check what and where for your occupation and put up a link to help point you in the right direction.

when the site is back up , I'll check it out and show you where to look
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
I like you ! Come to NZ !

The fact that you had your skills assessed by Oz means bugger all to NZ.

So, yes, you will need to have your skills re-assessed .

However, this does all depend on what quals you have. In some cases, for some occupations , an assessment of quals isn't required if they are listed by NZIS. For some occupations , assessment & registration is required.

The NZIS ( New Zealand immigration ) is unobtainable for me at the moment. I was wanting to check what and where for your occupation and put up a link to help point you in the right direction.

when the site is back up , I'll check it out and show you where to look
Cheers for that Bevs