British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   My RA is asking for some strange things (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/my-ra-asking-some-strange-things-633196/)

Kija Sep 29th 2009 8:37 pm

My RA is asking for some strange things

Hi again everybody,

We just got an email from our resident advisor asking for photos of us and family members, and Valentine's and Christmas cards we've given to each other over the years, a letter signed by both of us of how OH and I met, bank details etc, I never read about NZIS wanting those sort of things or do they? :confused:

Anyway we just got the EOI selection letter today all the way here in Egypt, looks real enuff :thumbsup: RA says she normally gets the fast track assessments back in 10 days and the normal return assessments can take anything from 6-8 weeks in case anyone is wondering.

Now to get all 17 items on the list she sent us collected and sent :eek:

AngelaandJim Sep 29th 2009 9:20 pm

Re: My RA is asking for some strange things

Hi Kija

It will be for proof of relationship gather as much as you can it will make life easier.

Good Luck ;)

Angela

Kija Sep 29th 2009 9:27 pm

Thanks Angela, will do as you advise :) never read anywhere they needed these things, gosh it's all so real now :D

AngelaandJim Sep 29th 2009 9:34 pm

I think anything in joint names will help ;)

MnB Sep 29th 2009 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Kija (Post 7975680)
Hi again everybody,

We just got an email from our resident advisor asking for photos of us and family members, and Valentine's and Christmas cards we've given to each other over the years, a letter signed by both of us of how OH and I met, bank details etc, I never read about NZIS wanting those sort of things or do they? :confused:

Anyway we just got the EOI selection letter today all the way here in Egypt, looks real enuff :thumbsup: RA says she normally gets the fast track assessments back in 10 days and the normal return assessments can take anything from 6-8 weeks in case anyone is wondering.

Now to get all 17 items on the list she sent us collected and sent :eek:

Hi there....have a look at this document, it clarifies what eveidence they want to see....also need to submit copy of originals, I've just been gathering stuff together ready to submit on Thursday!:eek:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...tApril2008.doc[
HTH
B x

BEVS Sep 29th 2009 10:41 pm

Those items will be for proof of relationship.

I've never heard of a fast track and normal track service. As far as I know NZIS consider all EOIs and ITAs as individual cases , each on their own merit.
Has anyone else heard of paying for a fast track service for NZIS ? There may be one for NZQA I think.

I think that I asked this before Kija but am a bit dim. Is your immigration consultant NZ licensed?

Kija Sep 29th 2009 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 7975901)
Hi there....have a look at this document, it clarifies what eveidence they want to see....also need to submit copy of originals, I've just been gathering stuff together ready to submit on Thursday!:eek:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...tApril2008.doc[
HTH
B x

Thanks very much B, very helpful information there.

Kija Sep 29th 2009 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 7975981)
Those items will be for proof of relationship.

I've never heard of a fast track and normal track service. As far as I know NZIS consider all EOIs and ITAs as individual cases , each on their own merit.
Has anyone else heard of paying for a fast track service for NZIS ? There may be one for NZQA I think.

I think that I asked this before Kija but am a bit dim. Is your immigration consultant NZ licensed?

Hi Bevs! Hope it's not waining as much there anymore.

Yes she's fully licensed with iaa but isn't licensed with the other NZIM I think it's called?

The fast track and normal services are for the NZQA assessments, I didn't express myself clearly enough, sorry :o

BEVS Sep 29th 2009 11:14 pm

As she is kosher with NZ IAA , she will probably be listed with NZAMI also.

Mate ! It WAINED all night and more.

Oooo. :fingerscrossed: you get The Big ITA Thud on your doormat real soon. :)

Kija Sep 29th 2009 11:44 pm

We haven't had any wain here in over 2 years :sneaky: Everything's dry and dusty! :thumbdown:

Hope the weather gets better there soon :fingerscrossed:
Massive thanks for all your help and support :)