British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   My Police Clearance may DELAY everything... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/my-police-clearance-may-delay-everything-686401/)

Kezzar Sep 21st 2010 7:47 pm

My Police Clearance may DELAY everything...

Today we got our Invitation to apply for residence :thumbsup:

We were a little confused as we thought we'd be given an application for a work visa instead and then apply for residence later :confused:

The only unfortunate thing about applying for Residence is that the application process takes LONGER! :frown:

My husband has been offered a good job position but they want him to start in December, this may now not happen :unsure:

I've been living in the UK for 8 and a half years but NZ immigration require a police clearance for any other country I am a citizen of since the age of 17yrs. I'm orginally from South Africa and of course most things involving South Africa seem to be a nighmare. The waiting time on a Police Clearance is between 6-8 weeks!!!

My husband is so worried as this may ruin things for us :(

Does anyone know if my husband could carry on with his application for residence in the meantime and I can continue with mine once in New Zealand?

I'm so worried that my police clearance may cause us massive delays :blink:

:confused:

Laloo Sep 21st 2010 8:07 pm

Re: My Police Clearance may DELAY everything...

Originally Posted by Kezzar (Post 8866104)
Today we got our Invitation to apply for residence :thumbsup:

We were a little confused as we thought we'd be given an application for a work visa instead and then apply for residence later :confused:

The only unfortunate thing about applying for Residence is that the application process takes LONGER! :frown:

My husband has been offered a good job position but they want him to start in December, this may now not happen :unsure:

I've been living in the UK for 8 and a half years but NZ immigration require a police clearance for any other country I am a citizen of since the age of 17yrs. I'm orginally from South Africa and of course most things involving South Africa seem to be a nighmare. The waiting time on a Police Clearance is between 6-8 weeks!!!

My husband is so worried as this may ruin things for us :(

Does anyone know if my husband could carry on with his application for residence in the meantime and I can continue with mine once in New Zealand?

I'm so worried that my police clearance may cause us massive delays :blink:

:confused:

Hi Kezzar

I'm sure that you're husband could apply for a work permit while the ITA is being processed. Check NZ Immigration website, it would probably be a "Work to Residents" visa that you need to look at. Someone else on the forum would probably know more.

On the issue of police certificates, I came accross a service that someone does for people who need police clearance certificates from SA. The website is www.dkpinvestigations.com

Good luck.