British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   My husband has a job offer, can I get visa through him? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/my-husband-has-job-offer-can-i-get-visa-through-him-683137/)

Kezzar Aug 28th 2010 4:23 pm

My husband has a job offer, can I get visa through him?

Hello

After a long process of interviews my husband has finally been offered a pretty good job in Wellington.:thumbsup:
Now that he officially has this job offer, it makes this choice to move to NZ very real...yikes:blink:

We've sent through an EOI application a few months back now, now that a job offer has been given, we'd need to update this application which should hopefully give us enough points to move onto the next phase.

My question is, as my husband has been given this job offer, what happens with me regarding visa's? Would I need to apply for one seperatly to him? As I don't have a qualification, I worry this may be rejected? Are we able to apply for a visa together on one application?

Also, this company that has offered him this position would like him to start in 3 months. Is this a realistic time to get a visa?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. We just eager to get the ball rolling now.

BIG thanks

Kezzar:)
[/FONT]

Toon_Nut Aug 28th 2010 7:31 pm

Re: My husband has a job offer, can I get visa through him?

Hello, and well done to the hubby.

Aye, if you meet the criteria you'd be given a visa along with ya hubby.

You need to prove it's not a scam marriage or owt like that, me and wor lass have been married for almost 125 years now so she got her PR visa no problem when I applied for mine.

Took around 3 months once we really went for it and got the ball rolling so to speak. We had a few problems at home (not us but her Mam passed away just after we submitted our EOI) but once we got everything required for our ITA it came though pretty quick.

Good luck.

TN

Toon_Nut Aug 28th 2010 7:33 pm

By the way, the wife has no qual's either, he would be applying and you'd be going on the back of him (well, not literally obviously, although I have carried wor lass now for.........................................hmmm I better shut up!)

Kezzar Aug 28th 2010 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Toon_Nut (Post 8809845)
By the way, the wife has no qual's either, he would be applying and you'd be going on the back of him (well, not literally obviously, although I have carried wor lass now for.........................................hmmm I better shut up!)

Hi TN
Thank you for your reponse, you made me laugh :D

Well that is certainly a relief to know. We will start the ball rolling this week and hopefully, fingers crossed, this will not take more than 3 months.

So are you already over in NZ then? How are you enjoying it so far?

Kezzar

Toon_Nut Aug 28th 2010 9:11 pm

Nah, not there yet.:(

We're looking to jet off in about two weeks once we can sign the house over to another agent. Long, long story but basically I'm tied into the agent we have until the 10th of September, then we can sign up with another estate agent.

So I just want to make sure that all goes to plan then it's up up and away, can't bloody wait!
:)

simonsi Aug 29th 2010 5:13 am

Our WTRs took 5 days from submission to receiving the passports back with the visas. He with job offer applies under the relevant policy, spouse/partner applies under the partner stream and will get a work permit for the same period. If you have children apply for student visas for them at the same time (send everything in the same package to NZIS in London).