British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Is my EOI result correct ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/my-eoi-result-correct-788543/)

era_immigrate Feb 24th 2013 7:56 pm

Is my EOI result correct ?

hello brothers,

I'm a newbie to the immigration to NZ and i hope to success in my application with your help off-course,

I'm graduated from faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology
and have start work before graduate till now about 3 years work experience in Egypt.

when i calculate my EOI Application for myself i could get this result

Work experience: 10
Qualifications: 50
Age (20 to 55 years): 30
An identified future growth area or cluster : 5
An area of absolute skills shortage: 10
Region outside Auckland : 10
Additional bonus points for work experience in an identified future growth area or cluster : 5
Additional bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage : 10
Qualification in an identified future growth area or identified cluster : 5
Qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage : 10

-------

I added future growth area & absolute skills shortage because my work and qualification on computer programming and developing software so is it correct result of my application ???

and what does the evidence that i can introduce for "Region outside Auckland" ?

Thanks;

Persephone Feb 24th 2013 9:55 pm

Re: Is my EOI result correct ?

Hello and welcome,
I'll try and answer:

Work experience: 10 You have 3 yr experience so this is correct
Qualifications: 50, you will probably need to get your degree assessed by NZQA. Have you checked on the List of recognised Qualifications yet?
Age (20 to 55 years): 30 if 20-29yo
Additional bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage : 10 As your job is on the LTSSL then the Comparable Market Requirement is not an issue. You must be able to fulfil the conditions on the LTSSL

The following can only be claimed if a job offer is already in place:
Additional bonus points for work experience in an identified future growth area or cluster : 5 I am not sure where you got that figure from:confused:

From the Operational Manual on the NZIS website:

A recognised qualification(s) in an identified future growth area will only qualify for points if:
a.the principal applicant has points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment in an identified future growth area (see SM8.10); and
b.the qualification is relevant to that employment (see SM16.10.1).

Recognised work experience in an identified future growth area qualifies for points if:
a.the principal applicant has points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment in an identified future growth area (see SM8.10); and
b.the experience is relevant to that employment (see SM7.10.10).
Hopefully someone will correct me if I've made a mistake there but it looks like you only have 110pts:(. Have you filled out an EOI online yet? You do not need to finish it in one go and can save it. It will calculate your points more accurately than the Points Indicator.

era_immigrate Feb 25th 2013 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10566254)
Hello and welcome,
I'll try and answer:

Work experience: 10 You have 3 yr experience so this is correct
Qualifications: 50, you will probably need to get your degree assessed by NZQA. Have you checked on the List of recognised Qualifications yet?
Age (20 to 55 years): 30 if 20-29yo
Additional bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage : 10 As your job is on the LTSSL then the Comparable Market Requirement is not an issue. You must be able to fulfil the conditions on the LTSSL

The following can only be claimed if a job offer is already in place:
Additional bonus points for work experience in an identified future growth area or cluster : 5 I am not sure where you got that figure from:confused:

From the Operational Manual on the NZIS website:

Hopefully someone will correct me if I've made a mistake there but it looks like you only have 110pts:(. Have you filled out an EOI online yet? You do not need to finish it in one go and can save it. It will calculate your points more accurately than the Points Indicator.

Thanks brother,
No i din't submit my EOI till now ,i first wanted to ask to know everything.

i need to ask is it the same chance for all EOI between 100 and 140 , or my case (EOI with 110 pt) will be in less chance than others.

MrsFychan Feb 25th 2013 8:06 pm

the less points you have the less chance of being selected. 140 is an automatic selection for Invitation to Apply but does not mean you will be successful with the ITA application.

anything under 140 and over 100 is picked on various points and they vary at every selection.
You can submit and pay your money with 110 but it is a rare occurrence to be selected with that few points without a job offer