Mumbai University not recognized??

Old Jan 22nd 2014, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

joshbay84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mumbai University not recognized??

I am surprised that Mumbai University is not in the list http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/47086.htm

Was there any change recently regarding this? I have my education from Mumbai University and looks like I would need to get NZQA Assessment?

Joshua
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mumbai University not recognized??

Is it this one - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Bombay), Bombay (Mumbai), Maharashtra ?

This is the only institute that mentions Mumbai.

If not there hasn't been a Mumbai Uni on the list since 2010. Maybe there was prior to this ?
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
Is it this one - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Bombay), Bombay (Mumbai), Maharashtra ?

This is the only institute that mentions Mumbai.

If not there hasn't been a Mumbai Uni on the list since 2010. Maybe there was prior to this ?
No, IIT Bombay is different. Mumbai University being so well known in India, I am very surprised, will try to contact the authorities and see...
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joshbay84
No, IIT Bombay is different. Mumbai University being so well known in India, I am very surprised, will try to contact the authorities and see...
I wouldn't bother. If it's not on the list there's a reason why. Highly unlikely to be a mistake as it hasn't been on the list since 2010.
You will need assessment by NZQA.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
I wouldn't bother. If it's not on the list there's a reason why. Highly unlikely to be a mistake as it hasn't been on the list since 2010.
You will need assessment by NZQA.
I see that University of Mumbai was in the list till 2011 and has been removed from 2012 http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/42067.htm :-(
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by joshbay84
I see that University of Mumbai was in the list till 2011 and has been removed from 2012 http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/42067.htm :-(
Ah.
University of Mumbai as opposed to Mumbai University.
Seems your mystery is solved.
Assessment it is then.