moving to new zealand

Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:55 am
Just Joined

steve.145 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to new zealand

Hi There

new to the site, new zealand is the place of work and living, can I just get on a plane and go and get me a job, or do I have to use very expensive agents to take pots of money of me and then say sorry mate no jobs, I read on another site a guy went out to new zealand got himself a job and is still there, the company did everything for him, does that sound right, or am i just kidding myself, I drive a petrol tanker in the uk, 50yrs old and just want a better life, is that to much to ask for.

any help would be great. I very much wanted australia but I was told it was very difficult at my age to get a sponsor, maybe one day, I am a single guy so no wife and kids to drag across the world.

good to talk to you for the first time.

take care

Steve.145
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to new zealand

Steve

Unfortunately I have no experience in your field of work but the best advice I can give is to look at the New Zealand Immigration website and see if you are eligible to get a visa on the points system.

The general advice is to avoid agents (as they tend to cost a lot). If you use websites like this one and if you are willing to troll through the paperwork/medicals etc yourself then it's just as effective.

Good luck and hopefully someone can provide info into your line of work. It may be worth doing a search on the threads.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 8:11 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Welcome to the site Steve

Yes the information given is correct, we know of a number of people who have come over on holiday or work visa found employment and then started the process.
You could also check on the NZI website to calculate your points.

Best of luck, I personally don't think you can go wrong in wanting to live in NZ

Pauline
Old Aug 4th 2008, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

steve.145 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There

thats great, I tried to reply to the other thread,I must have missed somthing on my information to the site, yes so there is a possibility that it can be done like that, I am not going to try it but it is of intrest.

thanks for the info
take care

Steve