moving back to NZ with Uk partner

Old Apr 10th 2017, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

niclee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving back to NZ with Uk partner

HI!
few questions....
i have been living in the uk for 4 years , and been with my partner for 3.5 years. we have a 2.5 year old child.
we are moving back to NZ when my current visa runs out ( November 2017)
the question is..... what visa is best for my partner to apply on?
it seems like the partenrship work visa, but i just want to be sure we are applying for the right thing.
also i will be heading back to NZ in November and he wont be coming until March 2018 because of work commitments. how long after he gets a visa does he have to arrive in NZ and start it?
full medical or limited medical?
why are visas so confusing and not straight forward
thanks in advance fro your help kind people
Old Apr 11th 2017, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving back to NZ with Uk partner

If you intend to come and live in NZ then he should be applying for the Partner of a New Zealand Resident Visa. This will give him a Resident visa so he can live work study here permanently and is applied for through the partnership category. You will need to prove you have lived together in a loving stable relationship for at least 12 months and you'll have to explain why you will be apart between November 17 and March 18.

The Partnership Work Visa is only intended for temporary stay of up to 2 years where a person wishes to join their partner here and work while here together. It doesn't allow a person to remain here permanently.

If you apply from the UK he will have 12 months from the date of issue to activate the visa in NZ.

He must have a medical examination and a chest xray by an approved panel doctor. The visa criteria doesn't mention whether the medical is a full or limited one. I'd guess it's a full one as the visa would allow him to remain here permanently so they need a more in depth examination to make sure he isn't going to deplete the NZ health service with any long term condition.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa