Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Moved from April 2013 Arrivals ans Departures thread

Moved from April 2013 Arrivals ans Departures thread

Old Mar 1st 2013, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moved from April 2013 Arrivals ans Departures thread

My visa was approved today, which means that I leave hubby in the UK to sell the house, and now need to book a flight for Mid April, going to Invercargill.

SCARED!
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

RachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to all
Default Re: April 2013 Arrivals and Departures

Originally Posted by M_and_M
My visa was approved today, which means that I leave hubby in the UK to sell the house, and now need to book a flight for Mid April, going to Invercargill.

SCARED!
Just be careful, you are probably looking at 5-6 weeks before you receive your Visa. Ours were approved 21st Jan but didn't enter processing queue for another 2 weeks (8th Feb). Current waiting time once in processing queue is 3-4 working weeks (I don't know if this means 3-4 weeks or 21-28 working days so 4-6 actual weeks). We have PR Visas
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait for the PR visa this one is a temp visa. PR one to follow.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

RachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to all

Just make sure they aren't in the same processing queue, I think it's only the initial application which takes longer for PR, but I may be wrong. Might be worth e-mailing your IO just to be safe x
Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Visa is in my hand! Through my door in the post 7 days after I walked into the London office to hand it to them. Pretty impressed!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

I am VERY jealous. Why do PR Visa's take so much longer? INZ got my application on 10th December and I still don't have ours :-(
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

I couldn't wait for the PR visa, work starts in a month, so got the temp one meanwhile. :-)
Old Mar 5th 2013, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don't know the logic. I went in and explained it was urgent, it was done in 6 days. I asked processing time normally, they said 25 days!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

It was approved end Jan, joined processing queue 2 weeks later, then 3-4 working weeks from there so hopefully it should be arriving any day now :-)
Old Mar 10th 2013, 7:08 am
Just Joined

steveng is an unknown quantity at this point

Waiting on passport returning with visa then I'm off.....Got april 15th penciled in...job in Christchurch as carpenter, I will be on my own for a couple of months before my lovely wife and daughter join me...very exciting
Old Mar 10th 2013, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm facing the same thing Steve, but in Invercargill. Hubby has to stay here and sell our house.

I have the passport, with the Temp visa (full one in the pipeline but job won't wait).

Currently having a nightmare with flights, most only allow 20kg, I cannot fit my life into 20kg!!!??!!
Old Mar 10th 2013, 7:16 am
Just Joined

20 kg M+M....there is no way I can fit my stuff in that...it's looking more and more likely that I will have to buy lots of new stuff as my shipping will be months behind...do you have accommodation sorted yet? I will prob have to flat share until my wife gets there....I'm sure I will manage....all very exciting
Old Mar 10th 2013, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Rumour has it you can buy extra luggage from NZ air, I am going to look into it tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I am trying to pack with extended vacation in mind. its hard work.

I am staying with a friend's parents initially, VERY VERY lucky. I had no idea this friend was from the town I was headed to till we asked her what it was like!

I want to avoid a long list of purchases when I arrive, my pot of gold is small, because I am going alone and because the house is not sold yet.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 7:27 am
Just Joined

I will have to look into extra luggage....my pot of gold is very very small and it looks like we will be renting our house in uk for at least a year....no intention of going back though..
Old Mar 10th 2013, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

I admire you, I simply cannot afford to NOT sell the house to be honest, I wish we could keep it and rent it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.