More work visa questions...

Old Apr 30th 2010, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Default More work visa questions...

Ok, so having sorted out my previous issue with dates I now have another question. I've trawled through the immigration website and the application guides but cant find any info to help.

Because I have a job offer open until Nov 1st I dont have a set start date in NZ, just as soon as I'm sorted and can get over there. I'm aiming to be over July/August so I'm using 12th July as my entry date on my visa application as I'm positive it'll be after that.

So my question is, once I get my visa, if they use July 12th as the start date do I have a certain length of time to get to NZ and 'activate' my visa before it becomes invalid?
I know you do with a PR visa but cant find any info about the same issues with work visas but I imagine there must be a limit set somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: More work visa questions...

Originally Posted by lisamct
Ok, so having sorted out my previous issue with dates I now have another question. I've trawled through the immigration website and the application guides but cant find any info to help.

Because I have a job offer open until Nov 1st I dont have a set start date in NZ, just as soon as I'm sorted and can get over there. I'm aiming to be over July/August so I'm using 12th July as my entry date on my visa application as I'm positive it'll be after that.

So my question is, once I get my visa, if they use July 12th as the start date do I have a certain length of time to get to NZ and 'activate' my visa before it becomes invalid?
I know you do with a PR visa but cant find any info about the same issues with work visas but I imagine there must be a limit set somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
hi when we got our work visas in 07 they were two year ones, time starts from when date is on visa, but things might have changed now
Old Apr 30th 2010, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by concretepump
hi when we got our work visas in 07 they were two year ones, time starts from when date is on visa, but things might have changed now
Thanks, so does that mean that if my visa starts from, say, July 12th I can enter the country at anytime after that and dont have to be there by a set date (e.g. within 6 weeks or something?)
Old May 1st 2010, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lisamct
Thanks, so does that mean that if my visa starts from, say, July 12th I can enter the country at anytime after that and dont have to be there by a set date (e.g. within 6 weeks or something?)
yes because we got ours in oct 06 but never when untill jan 07
Old May 1st 2010, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by concretepump
yes because we got ours in oct 06 but never when untill jan 07
Thanks again, thats one more issue ticked off my list!