More than a bit confused now...

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute
Default More than a bit confused now...

Hi, hopefully someone can shine some light on this. Hubby has interview yesterday. We applied under the SMC as his job is on the shortage list (Automotive electrician) Case Officer told us we will not be declined but will either get PR or ???. Our migration agent has said not to worry and we won't find details of this ??? visa on the internet and he would explain it to us. Our worry is if we get the second type of visa and hubby goes across, can he only take an auto electrician job or can he work as an ordinary mechanic (there are more jobs that way). No decision will be made as they are waiting court document to give me permission to remove my daughter from the UK and that will be another couple of weeks. In the meantime we would like to know the ins and outs of this visa, agent said it's not the same as WTR. Any help please?
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:05 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More than a bit confused now...

Originally Posted by florabundi
Hi, hopefully someone can shine some light on this. Hubby has interview yesterday. We applied under the SMC as his job is on the shortage list (Automotive electrician) Case Officer told us we will not be declined but will either get PR or ???. Our migration agent has said not to worry and we won't find details of this ??? visa on the internet and he would explain it to us. Our worry is if we get the second type of visa and hubby goes across, can he only take an auto electrician job or can he work as an ordinary mechanic (there are more jobs that way). No decision will be made as they are waiting court document to give me permission to remove my daughter from the UK and that will be another couple of weeks. In the meantime we would like to know the ins and outs of this visa, agent said it's not the same as WTR. Any help please?
Firstly sounds like the interview went well as you'll not be declined
The ??? visa you're referring to is called a 'Work to Residence' Visa [WTR]. This is different to the other visa called WTR-it confused the hell out of me at first as well and I still don't know why they don't call it something different.
I am not sure why your agent has said that the details cannot be found on the internet, they are easy to find on the NZIS website-sounds like he is trying to make you seem dependent on him...
Application flow diagram
Options once your application is assessed
Have a look at the Operations Manual as well.

Basically you are granted residence, declined or WTR once your ITA is assessed. With WTR you have 3m to get your passports stamped etc, then another 3m to enter NZ. You are then issued with a 9m temporary work visa. After working in a suitable job for 3m your visa can be converted to residency. Think of it as a deferral period and yes it is very different to the other WTR visa.
As far as work is concerned , I would strongly assume that this had to be in the skill you were applying to NZ with. Otherwise anyone could apply under the SMC, get a WTR visa, get any job and obtain residency that way. Husband may have to work as a auto electrician for 3m...
Having said the above, if you feel the interview went well then [and this is only a hunch and opinion] most people seem to be granted residency. On here I have only seen WTR granted when occupational registration was not possible prior to starting work.
Don't worry about it too much but as I wrote somewhere else this week 'it is best to know it exists as a possibility'
Hope this helps
P
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much! I had looked at this already on the INZ website but was most confused by what our agent had said ~ I think you are right though, maybe he has control issues!!! In the meantime I will keep my fingers crossed. Really appreciate your help
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:41 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

for you!
Don't know about the agent, just seemed an odd thing to say and odd that he hadn't mentioned this before now...
Good that you're doing your own research as well, it is best if you understand the process completely as you're the ones coming over here and you're the ones who need to know what to do when your travel conditions expire for example.

Hoping to hear good news from you very soon
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 2:38 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

you hear good news very soon! It's all so nerve wracking isn't it!!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah it's scary to think your future lies in someone else's hands ~ all we can do is (to coin a NE Scotland phrase!) wait & "See what happens" Good luck x
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:47 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it's scary to think your future lies in someone else's hands ~ all we can do is (to coin a NE Scotland phrase!) wait & "See what happens" Good luck x
I wonder if our case officers know what sort of power they wield on our lives

Scary stuff indeed but exciting! we all end up in NZ soon!

For those still in the process and losing hope, hang in there!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi ~ our case officer has an emailed copy of the document from the court and changed our status to APPROVED! Not sure what sort of approved... it just says Visa Type - Residence - Approved. Hope that means PR. Our agent says he is 99% sure it is. Time to celebrate with some NZ wine
Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:41 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Hi ~ our case officer has an emailed copy of the document from the court and changed our status to APPROVED! Not sure what sort of approved... it just says Visa Type - Residence - Approved. Hope that means PR. Our agent says he is 99% sure it is. Time to celebrate with some NZ wine
Time to celebrate!!
Now you just have to get those visas, pay the migrant levy and make plans. You should receive a letter informing you of the decision and what to do next. See my post above about the timings, you may want to delay getting the visas if you need more time [just noticed from another thread that your house isn't sold].
At least if you both have residency without having a job offer then OH can get a job doing whatever he wants
Old Jun 29th 2011, 9:27 am
We're HERE!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

If Persephone tells you it's "time to celebrate" that must a good thing so go do it! I'm so happy for you, it seems you've had more than your share of "roller coastery" moments with all this! Enjoy the moment
Old Jun 30th 2011, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks ~ it's official we have been granted our AIP for PR. Very excited So now to the next set of hurdles, sell the house and make the move Have you heard anything yet, Kija?
Old Jun 30th 2011, 2:38 pm
We're HERE!!!

Thanks ~ it's official we have been granted our AIP for PR. Very excited So now to the next set of hurdles, sell the house and make the move Have you heard anything yet, Kija?
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best of luck with the house sale etc wow how exciting!!!

Nope, nothing yet and patience is not one of my virtues

I'm so happy for you