Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

More questions...Primary School teaching quals, certs EOI score

More questions...Primary School teaching quals, certs EOI score

Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Decosun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More questions...Primary School teaching quals, certs EOI score

Hi. I started to fill out the EOI online. I came up with 120 points. As you all may know the form is not easy to fill out. If anyone has any information about applying for the EOI as a teacher I really would appreciate some help. First, I have earned a Bachelors Degree in the Social Sciences. I then went back for my teaching certification in primary education. I have been teaching for 10 years full time. Do they look at your degree or will my State certification and experience be enough?

I also acheived my National Board Certification which allows me to basically to teach all over the US. This certification is for ages(not grades) 3 through 8, so I am wondering if this would allow me to claim points under the absolute shortage list for pre-primary. I have no experience in pre-primary as I never taught below the first grade (ages 6 and 7)

I looked at the history of applicants that are invited to apply. It seems as though they dont even select anyone with 120 and no job offer. Is this true? Maybe I am missing something. If I can claim a certification in pre primary that will probably push my points to 140 or something higher. Thanks in advance for your assistance.