More EOI Confusion

Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

johnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to all
Default More EOI Confusion

Ok heres the story so far.I submitted an EOI on July 20th with what I thought was 115 points no job offer.It was selected on August 1st for background checks.Then I recieved an email from Immigration saying I only have 90 points.A few emails later I have managed to scrape back another 15 points and got this email this morning.
"Hello John,I can confirm that your points total with the xtra work experience is now 105. Although this isn't enough to be invited to apply (as hasn't met selection mark to be selected from the pool) it does mean that the eoi can be returned to the pool, rather than declined.I would recommend that you try to obtain an acceptable offer of employment in NZ, as this would allow a further 50 points to be awarded.
Regards ***"
So am I right in saying I,m back in the pool and does that mean it gets reselected at the next selection day or is it still selected from the pool (awaiting ITA if poosible with 105 points)
I,m confused now and think it might lie at the bootm of the pool and new 105 point selections get pulled before me.Also she says "this isn't enough to be invited to apply as it hasn't met selection mark to be selected from the pool"I thought the mark was 100?
Any help appreciated
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:20 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: More EOI Confusion

I think it is straightforward. You are back in the pool, but your ITA will be delayed until that time in which NZIS deem that someone with your skills is needed. That may be a lengthy wait.
I think that your case officer is correct. You may well have to take the plunge and come out here and secure some employment.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

johnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by happynz View Post
I think it is straightforward. You are back in the pool, but your ITA will be delayed until that time in which NZIS deem that someone with your skills is needed. That may be a lengthy wait.
I think that your case officer is correct. You may well have to take the plunge and come out here and secure some employment.
Yeah I guess your right thanks for the info.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:15 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

I concur with the NZIS officer and HappyNZ.
You're back in the pool but with just 105 and no job.
Come and gain a job offer if you can.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Yeah looks like the answer is a recce for sure.