Migration experts UK

Old Sep 16th 2011, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

bennetts1000 is a jewel in the roughbennetts1000 is a jewel in the roughbennetts1000 is a jewel in the roughbennetts1000 is a jewel in the roughbennetts1000 is a jewel in the rough
Default Migration experts UK

Can anyone recommend a good one to use? We are just in the early stages of applying so feeling quite overwhelmed with it all.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 11:11 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration experts UK

What are you planning on needing one for- immigration, job searching, settling in??
I think most of us on here would say that they are not really necessary unless you have some potential difficulties in your application. It is not that difficult to apply yourself and the cost of some of these immigration agents is astronomical for what they do. You will need as much in the bank as possible when you move over here.
Whether you choose to use an agent or not, it is still a very good idea to understand what the process of applying involves as it gives you a better understanding of what is going on. All an agent can do is tell you what documents and info are needed and fill the forms in. You still have to find the info! When I applied I read through the NZIS website and gained info on here and soon realised that an agent was going to be a waste of money.

We can answer questions on here and help guide you in the right direction.
It is overwhelming at first but things become clearer the more you research. Have a search for plumbing/plumbers in this section and the main section to gain more insight into applying. Unfortunately plumbing is no longer in either of the skills shortages lists.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

fychan66 is an unknown quantity at this point

we spoke to an agent and to be honest he was telling me things that when I checked with New Zealand house in London just wasn't right. I have done the online submission for the EOI and anything I needed to query I did with NZ House. (01245 454448). If it's straight forward I would say try do it yourself with NZ help and maybe look for an agent if things get to much/complicated. Save your money if you can as you will need it when you get over there.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 11:32 pm
Whatever will be will be

alyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant futurealyj has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bennetts1000 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good one to use? We are just in the early stages of applying so feeling quite overwhelmed with it all.
Hi I have a wonderful company called New life New Zealand Katherine and Connor they are genuine and very helpful, nothing is too much trouble, they are also very good value.
www.newlifeglobal.com

Level 4 Sentinel House
586 Victoria Street
Hamilton
New Zealand

Tel + 64 7 839 6666
Fax +64 7 839 6667
Mob +64 21 706 726
Skype catherine.neazor.brady.nlnz

Good luck any other info you need if I can help just message me!
Tell Catherine Alyson Llewelly recommended yourselves, she's great.
Aly x
Old Sep 18th 2011, 12:25 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fychan66 View Post
we spoke to an agent and to be honest he was telling me things that when I checked with New Zealand house in London just wasn't right. I have done the online submission for the EOI and anything I needed to query I did with NZ House. (01245 454448). If it's straight forward I would say try do it yourself with NZ help and maybe look for an agent if things get to much/complicated. Save your money if you can as you will need it when you get over there.
Good advice and shows why you need to understand and research the process yourself. If everything is straightforward then applying is not as complicated as you may imagine it to be Even if you make a mistake then NZIS usually just ask for clarification or more information rather than reject the application completely.
By straightforward I mean no complicated health problems, a normal and easy to pigeonhole employment record, no major criminal convictions, not taking stepchildren with you etc.
And even then you could still do it yourself if you desired.

Last edited by Persephone; Sep 18th 2011 at 12:30 am. Reason: compleet speeling failyour...
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

wendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nice

Originally Posted by bennetts1000 View Post
Hi Bennetts1000, We submitted our application on Tuesday in the London offices under Parent Category, downloading and reading those forms looked so horrendous and daunting, my first job was to find an agent but my daughter, who is sponsoring us, told us once you get down to going through the questions, it was easy, she never used agents and is now a NZ Resident our biggest challenge was to get proof that our second child lived and worked in Asia, and he had to get his visas translated!! I would agree - try yourself and use the NZ immigration site which has masses of advice - save your money for your journey!!
good luck
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 10:25 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a friend who is an immigration advisor (registered/licenced) and a UK registered lawyer, based in NZ who comes recommended by others if you really think you need an agent.

Most people don't find they really need one unless they have very complicated circumstances.