Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Migrant Levy - just over a month before payments due??

Migrant Levy - just over a month before payments due??

Old Oct 3rd 2010, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

nicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nice
Default Migrant Levy - just over a month before payments due??

Hi all, we're ready to pay the migrant levy, £240 for the two of us and just wandered if we need to use the form we recieved with our ITA. It asks for your card details including the 3 digit security, aint to keen on sending this info by post sooooo is there any other payment method. Have any of you been approved but waited a few months before paying the levy and how did you make the payment?

Cheers

Paul n Dani

Last edited by nicorsts1; Oct 3rd 2010 at 3:03 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice
Default Re: Migrant Levy - just over a month before payments due??

I've not got that far yet, but a couple of suggestions..
Can you pay over the phone?
Or, if you have to send by post within the UK if you use special delivery then there is the additional option of consequential loss insurance. The standard insurance that is included in special delivery is for a valuable item inside the envelope that gets lost, not what happens once it is lost.
For example I insured our passports for consequential loss when I posted them to NZ House in case I had to rebook flights that we have booked for later in the year.
John.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

nicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnht
I've not got that far yet, but a couple of suggestions..
Can you pay over the phone?
Or, if you have to send by post within the UK if you use special delivery then there is the additional option of consequential loss insurance. The standard insurance that is included in special delivery is for a valuable item inside the envelope that gets lost, not what happens once it is lost.
For example I insured our passports for consequential loss when I posted them to NZ House in case I had to rebook flights that we have booked for later in the year.
John.
Hi John, i'm waiting for a reply from my case officer regarding payment methods, didnt know about the consequential insurance so thats good to know. Thanks for your help mate, appreciated.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of

Hi,

just on the Cost of the Levy charge. Double check it, but I think it has gone up. Pretty sure I had to pay £290 ie £145 each.

Ian.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Celticknight
Hi,

just on the Cost of the Levy charge. Double check it, but I think it has gone up. Pretty sure I had to pay £290 ie £145 each.

Ian.
Yep your right, ahhh well not worry... just cant wait to get our passports back