Midwife needing help from other Midwives

Old Jan 7th 2013, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

RachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to all
Default Midwife needing help from other Midwives

Hi everyone,

I am currently waiting for my Visa. They are in the middle of processing my application and are asking for my APC. I do not yet have an APC as I won't be practising within the current year (2012/2013), my start date is the 6th May. I cannot yet apply for a 2013/2014 APC as this is not yet available from Midwifery Council.

Do any of you recall whether or not you had to provide your APC? They have my registration certificate and job offer. I just don't think that my IO understands the system.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Midwife needing help from other Midwives

Originally Posted by RachelG12 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am currently waiting for my Visa. They are in the middle of processing my application and are asking for my APC. I do not yet have an APC as I won't be practising within the current year (2012/2013), my start date is the 6th May. I cannot yet apply for a 2013/2014 APC as this is not yet available from Midwifery Council.

Do any of you recall whether or not you had to provide your APC? They have my registration certificate and job offer. I just don't think that my IO understands the system.
I am an RN but had to provide a valid APC even though it expired before my contract started. As far as I am aware you have to have a valid APC regardless of whether you are actually practising or not.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

RachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to all

How did
you go on with recertifying without having practised?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachelG12 View Post
How did
you go on with recertifying without having practised?
Explained that I was overseas, my contract start date and my arrival date in the country. It's quite a common problem for us immigrating health professionals and NCNZ are used to it!
Old Jan 8th 2013, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Yep I needed my APC for my application too, think I got mine in the February and didn't actually move over and start work until August.

They're pretty used to supplying APC's to midwives who aren't in the country and working yet so its not a problem.