Meds before ITA

Old May 4th 2008, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

johnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to all
Default Meds before ITA

Just wondering if you can get your medicals done before you get ITA.I know it,s a bit risky but I am on a kind of time limit with my job offer and trying to cut corners on time.I expect EOI to be selected this Wednesday with job offer and wondered if the forms were avaiabe for download or do they come in ITA pack?Many Thanks in advance
Old May 4th 2008, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all
Default Re: Meds before ITA

Originally Posted by johnnz View Post
Just wondering if you can get your medicals done before you get ITA.I know it,s a bit risky but I am on a kind of time limit with my job offer and trying to cut corners on time.I expect EOI to be selected this Wednesday with job offer and wondered if the forms were avaiabe for download or do they come in ITA pack?Many Thanks in advance
There isn't a form as such to fill in with your ITA. You get a whole wedge of paperwork which is basically all the stuff you've put on your EOI. You then need paper and lots of photos to prove all the stuff you've put in. I would seriously consider waiting till you have your ITA. It could be up to 12 weeks after being selected from the pool before you get it....some people are selected and then put back in if they've not got enough points. Some are selected and then invited to apply. When you submit your ITA your medical results must NOT be any older than 3 months, 6 months for police checks.
There are some things you can get ready - qualifications, marriage certificates, full A4 birth certificates, proof of relationship and possibly the police certificates as they do take a while to come back.
hope that helps
sb

ps we had our medicals done at the end of jan and only sent our ITA back last week as it took a while to get certain bits and pieces back and certified
Old May 4th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Stef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud of

My husband had a job offer and once we were slected from the pool we had our ITA within 3 weeks BUT I have known people who had to wait longer so I would advise waiting for the medicals but do arrange for the Police Certificate as that took well over a month and is valid for 6 months. As said above there are other things you can get ready like passport photo's, proof of relationships etc. The medical doesn't really take that long.

The medicals are only valid for 3 months and do cost a bit so I would wait but I understand you want to be organised.

The forms for the medcial can be downloaded on the immigration website. You need one form per person having a medical and will need passport photo's on the form so the doctor can sign to say it is you.

Hope you get everything sorted in time! Good Luck!

Stef
Old May 5th 2008, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

johnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to all

Thanks for the info I will take your advice and wait I think.