British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Medicals for WHS for UK - using a medical for Canada WHV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/medicals-whs-uk-using-medical-canada-whv-817879/)

beckiwoo Dec 15th 2013 5:48 pm

Medicals for WHS for UK - using a medical for Canada WHV

Hi

This is a difficult question but one someone may be able to answer.

I am currently going for the Canadian WHV and I need a medical due to being in a health profession. the medical is around £300 and I am going to place in Birmingham which is on the Canadian approved doctors list as well as NZ.

My question is if I get a medical for Canadian immigration and I get rejected for whatever reason my aim to go apply for the 2 year WHS.

Would it be possible for me to use the same medical or parts of it to then apply for the NZ WHS, as I don't want to have to pay another £200-£300 for another medical. The Canadian ones needs chest X-rays and TB test so apart from the different forms would the health clinic be prepared to do this?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Stormer999 Dec 15th 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Medicals for WHS for UK - using a medical for Canada WHV

If I were you I would phone up the Medical centre and ask them as they are the peeps that will be completing the relevant forms.;)

MrsFychan Dec 15th 2013 6:01 pm

our elected GP moaned about having to do a NZ one as it takes 3 times as long as the Canadian one. lots more questions to fill in. also you have to do it with a NZ recognised GP so if you can/want to use it make sure that they cover both.

So first check out if there is a GP that does both in your area and then speak to them and see what they say

beckiwoo Dec 15th 2013 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11037983)
our elected GP moaned about having to do a NZ one as it takes 3 times as long as the Canadian one. lots more questions to fill in. also you have to do it with a NZ recognised GP so if you can/want to use it make sure that they cover both.

So first check out if there is a GP that does both in your area and then speak to them and see what they say

Thanks you - I'll contact them. I have checked the list of approved doctors and this one I am going to in Birmingham covers both Canada and NZ.

So fingers crossed. :)

Persephone Dec 16th 2013 10:03 pm

It depends what is covered for each one. The doc might be willing to transfer the details to a NZ form but I would expect there to be a charge and also someone has mentioned that the NZ one is longer so it may not even be possible.
Also be aware that the medical must be less than 3 mth old by the time it is submitted. That is from the date of the medical, not the date the form was filled in (assuming the doc can even do this)
P:)

BEVS Dec 20th 2013 7:38 pm

I'm with the other posters in this one.

It will be up to your GP as to what he wishes to charge for completing an NZ form . He may be willing to do a reduced charge if the forms are very similar.