British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Medicals still with assessors - now over 8 weeks, but......... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/medicals-still-assessors-now-over-8-weeks-but-635752/)

sarahandstew Oct 14th 2009 11:24 pm

Medicals still with assessors - now over 8 weeks, but.........

...... a strange thing has happened

when we now log onto the immigration.govt.nz website to look at our application status, the date recorded there as to when our medicals were received has changed from 20 August to 8 October!?!?!?!?!?!]

we have, of course, rung our C/O to find out what this means...... but she doesn't know !?!?!?!??! ........ and is now out of the office for 3 weeks

anyway, ignoring the whole PR thing, Stewart has his temporary work permit and I have a bank statement showing that I can afford return flights and we are all flying one-way on Monday!!!!!!!!

our furniture container is therefore arriving slightly before us but we are in the process of completing the forms to deal with this!!!!!

one thing, I guess, which comes from this is that I really don't have very much time at all to feel sad or guilty that I am taking our 21mth and 3yr old daughters away from everyone who loves them!?!?!?!?

if we don't speak before, SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!!!!

we're going up to Coopers Beach so some way away from the majority of you but have already made a pact to meet with Berni from Luton and would love to meet anyone else who finds themselves in the Bay of Islands vicinity

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BEVS Oct 14th 2009 11:42 pm

Re: Medicals still with assessors - now over 8 weeks, but.........

Have a safe flight and Happy Landings in NZ.:thumbup:

MnB Oct 15th 2009 9:46 am

Hi Sarah.... good luck for flights and settling in the beautiful Coopers Beach!!
Looking forward to your post's from NZ and when we are in the area :fingerscrossed: would be good to catch up 'real time!!

B x

Numptyhead Oct 15th 2009 10:23 am

Hi

Bon Voyage and hope everything comes together. :thumbsup:

RobDon Oct 15th 2009 10:57 am

Have a safe journey and hope you enjoy `the other side` :thumbsup:

willand tina_h Oct 15th 2009 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by RobDon (Post 8018366)
Have a safe journey and hope you enjoy `the other side` :thumbsup:

Hi sarah and family, also from us have a safe journey, we should'nt be too long behind you now either. Weird thing that about your medicals...... But hey ho, you turned it around and still have managed to get yourselves there :thumbsup:

Take care and catch up soon.

Tina. x